Jeff's work had a stellar month a few months ago so the whole office went out to a nice dinner and a little cruise on Lake Coeur d'Alene. The dinner started at 6pm and the cruise was at 8:30pm, so that would be a long night away from the kids. I've never had anyone other than me put the girls to bed and only family has put Porter to bed, so this was going to be interesting. Especially since I nurse the girls right before they go to bed. I tried to get the girls to take a bottle leading up to the big night, but no luck. Thank goodness they eat real food. So we got 2 sitters, I nursed the girls right before we left, and we just hoped for the best. Well we never got a call from the sitters and we came home to everyone happily asleep, including the sitters :) We got home at 11:30pm and what's sad is that I haven't been out that late in a very long time. But it was nice to have so much time where Jeff and I could just be together and focused on each other...sappy, I know.

We went to Beverly's which is a nice and very expensive restaurant at The Resort in downtown Coeur d'Alene. This was my meal, the ribeye, and it was like $45. Thank goodness we weren't paying for it :) It was absolutely delicious.

This was Jeff's buffalo. What's funny is that the restaurant is very dark, you know, to set the mood (wink wink) so we couldn't even tell that our meals were this colorful and pretty.

Chillin on the cruise with my crazy husband.

After many attempts we finally got a normal looking picture.

We ended the night by indulging in this HUGE Gooey. It was positively scrumptious! Unfortunately we just couldn't finish it. Apparently there is such a thing as too much of a good thing.
1 comment:
haha, yes true!
Looks like a fun night out, I need another one of those!
Post a Comment