Jeff has Thursdays off so Thursdays are our Saturdays. We have pancakes and eggs (that Jeff so awesomely makes, and he even cleaned it up today too - I'm so in love with him right now) and just chill in the mornings. The girls were doing their normal thing of crawling all over playing with toys. At one point Jeff calls Simone over to give her some loves and cuddles. I notice that she seems to be chewing on something. Jeff fishes around in her mouth and pulls out...a big piece of sharp glass! What the?!?! But she seems all happy and playful still. It did look like she had some scratches on her chin (which turned out to just be dried blood). I don't even want to imagine what would have happened if she had swallowed that.
How the heck did she get that?? We think it is from a few months ago when I dropped our glass blender (that we had recently bought) on the floor one night and it shattered all over the kitchen. I meticulously (so I thought) cleaned it up. Do you know how many times I have swept/vacuumed/mopped since then?? A ton! Especially having two crawling babies. I am sweeping every day and vacuuming like every other day. Well apparently I missed one and Simone, being curious and into everything, found it in some little nook and cranny.
When I went to throw the glass away I walk into the kitchen and see a bunch of blood on the floor. It was like a crime scene. Then we look at her hand and it's all bloody - not sure how we had missed that when we were holding her. How did this little girl not cry?! So we cleaned everything up and she is fine, just a cut on her hand. Scared the crap out of me! Now I am going to be even more annoyingly meticulous about cleaning my floors. I do miss the days when the girls weren't moving much - so much easier. And it will only get worse from here!
Seven Minutes
2 days ago


3 comments:
Oh my goodness!!!! That is scary, I'm glad she didn't swallow it and is okay now.
Scary! Wow, someone was watching over you, huh? So glad she is okay and what a little cutie!
That is so freaky! Can't believe it. Makes me want to go vacuum right now but at the same time, Tayte can't crawl yet and not for a long while I hope.
Post a Comment