Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Playing catch up

Man, where has the time gone? I have been a blogging slacker lately. Actually, I find it difficult to keep up with anything lately. I would love to blog a few times a week (since it is my only way of documenting my life), keep up with other blogs I follow (which include family/friends plus random ones that interest me), follow Facebook better, be able to finish reading a book in less time than a month, get a full nights sleep every night, wake up early enough every morning to work out for at least an hour, make wholesomely nutritious and delicious meals every day, and have a clean house all the time. But alas, life keeps getting in the way, so all that stuff doesn't happen. But I'm trying to get in the mindset that I don't need to be wonder mom/woman and that as long as my family and I are enjoying each other and enjoying life than all is good. But it's dang hard to just let things go sometimes. Anyway, here are pics of just a few things that have been going on lately:

I've learned not to let the girls feed themselves black beans. It's annoyingly messy, but dang cute.



And why must Scarlet always touch her hair when her hands are nasty. But I guess it's cheap hair gel. Cute little hair style :)



I think I've talked about it before, but this is the super delicious meal that Jeff makes on Thursday mornings (Thursdays are our Saturdays). It will sometimes include sausage too. Those are low glycemic pancakes with a totally healthy fruit type syrup that Jeff makes. And of course the yummy egg. We all look forward to Thursday morning pancakes! I'm hungry just thinking about it.



Porter had this super hero phase where every day he wanted to wear his pj batman top over whatever he was wearing for the day. Those pjs are getting a little small but that didn't stop him.



Of course you have to include the cape (or kate as Porter kept calling it) that attaches to it. He would fly around helping me and saving me from the dangerous monsters that are apparently all over our house.



My happy girls.



It's fun watching the kids all play together. Now I understand my Dad when all of us kids would be together with all our families and he would just sit back watching. Then he would randomly say "Joy and rejoicing in our posterity". We would just chuckle and think, oh silly Dad, but now I totally understand. I would also like to point out in this picture Scarlet's interest in the stairs. Yes, they can climb them and it makes me nervous.



Simone was first to start standing up, but they both do it all the time now. And they both climb anything they can. It's like they have no fear. Once again, makes me nervous. With two babies crawling all over the place it can be hard to keep up.



Check out my bling. I know it's kind of silly, but October was Breast Cancer Awareness month and my dentist was the only dental office in the area that was chosen to have these pink Swarovski crystals to put on teeth. So I thought, why not. It's all in good fun and in support of breast cancer research.



Porter has been doing pretty good with his writing. He wrote his name all by himself. In case you couldn't tell he wrote the bottom one, not the top.

2 comments:

Alyssa Phair said...

Fun! Now your girls ard adorable but I'm not too sure the black beans are adorable. It looks like they smeared poop all over themselves! Hahahaha I definitely know the problem of being too busy. I still haven't conquered the carefree attitude in relation to a clean house but I too am working on it. Cute pictures!

lynz said...

cute bling! so fun to see the kiddies playing together and such beautiful girls :)