Friday, November 19, 2010

The Girls turned 1 today!

I know everyone says this, but I can't believe that my babies are already 1! Life this time last year was enormously different than now. Boy am I glad that is over! :) But seriously, it has been a fun, crazy, busy, stressful and amazing year. I'm going to do another post with cute little 1 year photos of the girls with all their stats and updates, but for now I'm just posting pics from today.

I like ladybugs, my favorite color is red, Scarlet means red, and the girls are only 1 year old so I can choose what they get for their first birthday. Thus it's ladybugs. One of Jeff's patients has a bakery so we got these cute and delicious cupcakes from there.

I had asked for them to put little ladybugs on the girls' individual cupcakes, but when I picked them up they didn't have them. But I was in a hurry and just going with the flow of life at the moment so I said whatever. The cupcakes as a whole were cute. And did I say they were delicious?


They hadn't had any sweets before so they were a little apprehensive at first.


Scarlet more so than Simone.


She gives it a bite.


Hey this whole sugar loaded treat thing is new and intriguing.


I think I might like it.


Ok, maybe not.


Holy cow this is delicious, I'm going all out on this scrumptiousness.


Well maybe I do like it.


Whoa, sugar rush. Let me rest for a minute.


Aaaaa, I just don't know if I like it!


Me likey. You sly mom for hiding this from me all this year.


Ok, yup, I don't like it. Take it away!
Now I'm wondering who are the parents of this girl. With not liking this cupcake she couldn't have come from Jeff or me.


I always took video of Porter when waking him up on his birthday, so of course I've got to continue with the tradition for the girls.

3 comments:

Cindy Thomas Munksgard said...

Wow. Hard to believe they're already one year old. Hope they had a good one.

Eric & Penny Kunz Family said...

Congrats on the one year birthday!

Shaun and Lindsey Reynolds said...

Oh my, they are cute! Can't believe that they are already 1 year old. I need to meet those two. Anywho, hope all is well with you. Are you guys coming for Christmas? Love to see you guys.