Sunday, September 25, 2011

They don't stay babies

The last two days Jeff had a booth at the What A Woman Wants fair so I helped him do some screenings to get our business name out there and sign up new patients. Since it was all about women (which is how it should always be anyway, ha ha!) there were a lot of women there with their children. Some of those women were carrying cute little adorably snugly babies. I found myself longingly watching them, with a burning desire to hold a snugly little baby of my own. And then it would happen. While in my mini day dream about babies, there would suddenly be a feisty, independent toddler who would erupt into a screaming tantrum and the poor mother would, in an attempted calm manner, be doing all she can to handle the situation without fully giving in to whatever the toddler wanted while trying to save face. And then it hit me: Oh yeah, the cute, adorably cuddly little baby turns into a mobile, feisty, everything is mine, must-show-my-independence little toddler. I know because I currently have two of those. I have been that mother in public with a tantrum throwing toddler on more than one occasion. So THAT is why I will not succumb to that desire to hold another one of my own little cuddly newborn babies. Oh, and also because at that show I kept seeing pregnant woman walking around looking uncomfortable and maybe even irritable (parking was annoying and there was a lot of walking involved - not very convenient for a pregnant woman...although there WAS a lot of chocolate around to help ease the pain, ha ha).

Speaking of feisty little toddlers, here are my two from about a month ago or so. Little by little I WILL catch up with my picture taking of this past summer. But in all honesty I really do love these sweet girls and their feisty, mobile (these girls are seriously fast - they keep me in shape :), everything is mine, must-show-my-independence, fun-loving, caring, wanting to help little personalities. They light up my world. But, they are indeed a handful.


Then you add in an energetic, back-talking, thinks-he-is-old-enough-to-do-everything-mom-and-dad does 4 1/2 year old and you've got constant "fun" chaos. But also add in his helpful, caring, loving, still needs his mom, sweetness and you have a fun happy family of five.


These three definitely keep me on my toes but I am grateful for them every day. They are such sweet little blessings that have all added pure joy into our lives. I am just not at any place physically, mentally, emotionally, or financial to be adding another one (or two as it may be) to the mix. I will just be enjoying my three little munchkins for as long as I can :)

2 comments:

Gordita said...

It's hard to believe how much those girls aren't babies anymore! They look so grown up so fast. And Porter is one handsome little man.

Clinton and Danielle said...

Oh, my gosh! Your kids are so dang cute!!!