And these two cuties are why. When they were little it was easy to hold and cuddle both at the same time. Now that they're older they are bigger, heavier, move around more, and get more annoyed with having to touch each other while on my lap. When it's cuddle time right before bed they used to easily be on my lap with their heads on my shoulders and it was a nice, chill time. Now they are getting too big to comfortably cuddle and it's no longer as chill a time. And if one of them wakes up at night and I go in to check on her and pick her up to calm her, if it's just the one I can easily hold and cuddle her while standing for a few minutes then calmly put her back to bed. I actually enjoy those one on one cuddle times because they don't happen very ofter, which is why I like to go in to their room at night. But if the other one notices I'm there then she wants to be held too and I can't just simply stand and easily cuddle them, I have to sit down and since they are basically in sleep mode they actually do cuddle me easier, but since they are bigger and I'm holding both at the same time it's a little challenging to calmly put them back in their crib, one by one, while still trying to keep the other one cuddled and asleep on my other shoulder.It's not like I can just hold one of them on my lap. When the other sees me holding her sister she immediately wants to be held too. And when I'm reading them a book I have one girl on each leg and the book in front of them, along with Porter on my side, and it gets a little difficult. They are wiggly and all over the place, but they still insist on both being on my lap while I read. When I'm sitting on the floor, whether it be to stretch after working out, watching TV, or at story time at the library, they are both constantly crawling all over me and fighting over my lap. It's actually kinda cute and makes me feel loved and important :), but it would be a lot nicer if they would just learn to share my lap better and stop kicking each other.
If I'm standing I still can't really hold just one either. But these girls are getting heavy and my arms are only so strong, so I can only take holding them with one on each hip for so long now. Holy cow, I don't know how people with triplets could possibly do it. And you would think with all the double toddler holding and picking up I do that my arms would be more toned, but noooooo.
Also, throw in that every now and then Porter feels left out and also wants to be on my lap too, or picked up, and then we have a major traffic jam. Poor guy was basically pushed off my lap indefinitely once the girls were born, and all he wants is a little mama snuggle time too. I've got to remember that he is still only 4 and he needs that time too. So, I've decided I need a bigger lap.

2 comments:
I love how much concern and care you give to each of your kids. You are a super star!
Ditto! And such a beautiful family. :)
Post a Comment