Porter started his second year of preschool last month. Last year 6 moms from church got together and we took turns teaching our kids preschool for 2 days a week. This year with my involvement in Jeff's office we knew it would be best to enroll him in preschool. We lucked out because this woman at church does this absolutely fabulous preschool, she actually has a waiting list, but because we are in her ward and she teaches Porter at church when someone backed out before school started she thought of us and asked if we wanted Porter to be in her school. Absolutely! She teaches 3 different classes and the one Porter is in is Mon-Thur from 12:30-3pm. It's during the girls' nap so it was perfect for me to be able to get some work done. When we went to the get to know you meeting thing before school started I was able to meet the teacher, who also has one of her daughters teach with her, and her other daughters were there too. The main teacher and all of her daughters are literally like fairies. They are beautiful, petite, and perfectly patient and soft spoken to deal with preschoolers. She teaches out of her home and it is absolutely perfectly set up for a preschool. It is basically like going to Disneyland, including the princesses who are teaching, everyday for school. And the teachers are actual trained teachers so they know exactly what they are doing. Porter LOVES going to preschool. I'm afraid that he will be sorely disappointed in all of his upcoming school years because nothing will match up to this preschool class. It's seriously perfect.

These pics were on his first day of school. See, perfect.


They had a Mother Goose program at the end of last month where they recited a poem, dressed up like the poem, and the parents were all invited. Not only did all the kids do their poems but the whole class sang songs with actions and props while one of the teachers played the harp. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen.

Porter did Little Boy Blue so we just had him dress in blue and in the poem he blows a horn so here is his horn.

Some of his friends in his class.
I hope Porter keeps loving school this much as he gets older. He is such a good student, and pretty dang smart if I do say so myself :) And he loves his preschool! Buuuuuut, when the office opens, hopefully the week of Oct 17th, we are switching him to a different preschool that is right next to the office. I'm the office chick so I will need to be in the office during office hours every day. And the office is 30 minutes from my parent's and the preschool, so making the commute multiple times a day just doesn't make sense. And we are putting the girls in preschool too. They have a 2 year old preschool and they are cool with the girls not being 2 yet. So we will see how Porter takes this whole change in preschool. Believe me, I will be almost as bummed about it as Porter.
1 comment:
LOVED the pictures! That a cute boy! I'm glad to hear he got into such a great program!
Post a Comment