Wednesday, November 7, 2012

First tooth down!


Porter has had a loose tooth for weeks.  I felt like it would never come out.  Then all of a sudden the other day we noticed his big tooth growing in behind it and each day since it has pushed his baby tooth further out.  But Porter refused to pull it out.  Finally today, after looking at the tooth basically just hanging there, we were able to convince him to let us pull it out.  Jeff decided to bribe him by saying that if he let us pull it out then we would take him to get a toy.  Fine, I guess.  Good job Jeff.  But it worked.  We did the classic move of putting dental floss around the tooth and attached the other end to a door knob, then slam, the tooth is out.  But it didn't quite go so smoothly.  It took three tries to actually keep the floss from slipping off the tooth.  But third time's a charm.  After the little bugger got pulled out it got lost in the carpet and we spent about 10 minutes searching for it.  Now we get to do the whole tooth fairy thing for the first time.  Kind of fun.  What's funny is that when I was a kid and I had a loose tooth I would beg my mom to not tell my dad because I was deathly scared of having my teeth pulled.  And here I was trying to get Porter to let us pull his tooth out.  But even while we were getting ready to pull his out I got that sick feeling in my stomach from when I was a kid.  I totally understood his hesitation. 





Somewhere Porter had heard about keeping his tooth, so he wanted to write a letter to the tooth fairy asking if he could keep it.  Here it is:


This was the tooth fairy's response:
Porter would recognize my writing too much so Jeff wrote it in a girly way.


No comments: