What, I haven't posted since January and it's now November?!?! And my last few posts in January were about things that had happened months before. It's been so long that blogger has even changed the format for writing posts, so hopefully I'm even doing this right. Looks like I really need to get my act together, holy cow!! What's sad is that since I don't write in a journal or anything, blogging is my only way to record mine and my family's life. So apparently I have some serious catching up, and then staying caught up to do. Dang it, I hate when I do this :)
As you can imagine a TON has happened this year. I realized that I didn't even post anything last year about Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas. Shameful! But backing up that far is way too overwhelming so I'm going to just stick to this year. Here's a quick rundown: Jeff's dad passed away in January, we surprised Porter for his 5th birthday in February and took him to Disneyland, Porter started baseball in March, we moved out of my parent's basement in April into a condo in Bluffdale that we are renting (as new business owners we can't get a loan to buy a house for two years), the kids finished preschool and the girls finished dance in May, I got called to be the second counselor in Relief Society in our new ward in June, we hired someone to work the front desk at work in July so that I could focus on being a mom again (yay!), Jeff injured his back in July resulting in major back surgery and having to close down the office for 2 weeks then slowly having Jeff start to see patients as he was recovering, family reunion on my side in August, Jeff's mom Bonnie (aka Oma) came to visit, Porter started kindergarten at the end of August, fully potty trained Scarlet and mostly potty trained Simone (that's for a whole other post) in September, visited Jeff's brother Chris and his family in Reno in September, the kids all visited the dentist for the first time in September, Jeff's brother Gene and his family came to visit us in October, did lots of festive Halloween things in October, and now that brings us to today. Of course a lot more has happened, but that's the quick version. I am hoping to post pics of some of the key events soon, then I plan to keep up to date and be consistent even if it kills me!
Seven Minutes
2 days ago

2 comments:
welcome back to the world of blogging! I can't wait to read all about your year and what the future has in store for you guys:)
Wow! Wish I could be that concise! A whole year covered in a single paragraph!
Post a Comment