I happened to look at our blog the other day and saw it has been over 2 years since I posted anything. What?! That's sad, especially since I don't keep a journal and this (and Facebook too I guess, although I don't post much there either) is the only way I document my life. A lot has happened these past 2+ years. We bought our first house, bought a couple cars, Jeff and I went to Playa Del Carmen for a week, as a family we did a bunch of little trips (Moab, Bear Lake, camping, RVing to Yellowstone, San Diego), Jeff's sweet mom (Bonnie/Oma) moved in with us, our dog Happy came back to live with us, at work we went through a couple of chiropractic assistants and now it's just me running the office (no one does it as well as me anyway, especially since they don't have anything invested in this), the practice is continually growing and we are seeing miracles everyday, and somehow the littles keep growing up and Porter is in 3rd grade while the girls are in kindergarten. There's a ton more that has happened but because I didn't write them down I don't remember. Hence why I need to post here more.
With me running our office we ended up putting the girls in all day kindergarten (costs us $600 per month). Thank goodness we are only open Mon, Wed and Thur so I can still kind of be a mom. On Mondays my mom picks the kids up from school, on Wednesdays I pick them up and bring them back to the office (we close at 5pm on Wednesdays) and on Thursdays Oma picks them up. Tuesdays are spent volunteering in the kid's classes and catching up on housework, then on Fridays Jeff and I try to have our weekly date in the morning and the kids get out early from school. Saturdays are mostly spent running errands, then either watching pro soccer or going to one of Porter's soccer games (he has become quite good at soccer these past few years). At church my calling is the second counselor in primary so my Sundays can get a little hectic too. Life is busy and tiring, but I love it. Every day I feel blessed beyond measure (and often like there aren't enough hours in the day).
My goal from here on out is to better document this busy and fun time of life. I would like to post on a regular basis, even if it's just one picture. It's a bit lofty to say I'll do something every day, but I will do it as often as I can remember.
Seven Minutes
2 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment