Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Ports

My sweet Porter is 6 1/2 years old now.  I love him to bits!  Recently he has entered a new stage of development that is uncharted territory for me (actually each new stage with him is considering that he is my oldest:)), and we are still trying to figure out how to handle this.  It's kind of hard to explain the stage, but I've noticed other moms going through similar challenges as well.  I was thinking once 1st grade started it would help, but that has only made things harder since he is in school all day and is tired by the time he gets home, but then he has to practice guitar and do homework before playing with his friends, and if we are having to do other things, like work at the office and bring him with us, he feels totally jipped for not getting to play with friends.  He is soooo social, he just wants to play with friends all day.  What happened to my sweet boy just wanting to hang out with me :(  Oh wah wah, I know.  They grow up too fast!!  Anyway, no need to go into this anymore, on to the goods!  He started 1st grade last week and so far likes it, except for having to be there all day, but that's why I like it...ha ha, I'm only kidding...kind of.  He's made new friends already, I love the structure and style of teaching (just went to back to school last night), and he is so dang smart that he needs to be challenged again.  I didn't do enough stuff over the summer to challenge him - was a little busy with work at the office.

First day of school - see the excitement??

He had already lost both bottom teeth during kindergarten, then the evening of the first day of school he lost his first tooth on top.  He was proud to be the first one in his class to be in the lost tooth club for the year.  And the other top front tooth is barely hanging on.  Any day now that one will come out.  We tried pulling it a little too prematurely and I think that scarred him a bit.  Whoops.  

No comments: