Monday, August 23, 2010

Came home to this

When we left for Utah our zucchini and yellow squash were still pretty small. While I was gone Jeff said that they were getting to be a good normal size and he even made some zucchini bread (and didn't save any for me.) Then for the five days that Jeff was down with us in Utah they suddenly got ginormous and we came home to a bunch like this:


Guess we will be eating a bunch of zucchini and yellow squash for awhile. Now I fully understand what people have been talking about with these things. If only the rest of our garden would do this well. While I was gone the weeds overtook a lot of the garden (that was fun to clean up) and we lost most of our spinach which is what we were using the most. Strawberries have been doing pretty well, tomatoes are finally growing, wax peppers are doing good, there's a TON of basil, and we finally have some broccoli starting to grow. Our regular peppers aren't doing anything and our onions are ok. This year has definitely been a learning experience.

2 comments:

Eric & Penny Kunz Family said...

Good Job on the garden. Are you starting to get cold yet? We are cold today.....suppose to still be Summer.

Jessie said...

HOLY Squash!!! That thing is huge!

I didn't know how many zucchini and squash would come from one plant and we have several plants. Its a good feeling though!