Wednesday, April 16, 2008

He's growing up

Porter has been doing so many new things lately. It's awesome to watch him each day as he is learning and figuring things out. Last night Porter took his first step. It was only a step, but a step none the less. And of course I was at a meeting at church. Go figure - I'm with him all day and the 1.5 hours that I'm gone is when he does it. He also likes to head butt Jeff (he's such a boy) and Jeff started saying ouch, so now Porter says it - actually he says ow, but same thing. Then tonight I gave him a little piece of cereal and then put it away and he took both of my hands looking for more, then he did the sign for more. I have been doing sigh language with him for sooooooooo long and he is FINALLY doing it back. I had actually kind of given up and hadn't been doing it lately, but I guess that all my hard work is starting to pay off. You don't know how happy that has made me! As a side note, Porter also does this "num num" thing whenever he is hungry, but we have kind of been thinking that he is also doing it when he just wants something. So when he signed "more" he was also saying "num num". It's pretty darn cute.

I love being a mom. There are so many day to day things that make it absolutely awesome. Like earlier today Porter wiped his nose and a big booger came out, so I went to get a tissue and while I was cleaning him up I called him my booger boy. He started laughing hysterically, so of course I called him it again and he laughed again, and that when on and on for a few minutes. And then there's those moments, and I mean very short moments, when he snuggles his head against me. Ahhh, these are the days of our lives...(I have to admit, I did watch that soap opera briefly in high school.)

As a side note, right now Jeff is walking Porter around holding one of his hands and it is just melting my heart. I love my boys!

3 comments:

Jessie said...

"num" "num" is so cute! he does say it a little much! lol

Linds said...

So cute! I can't believe how big he is. It's those little moments that make all the hard work worth it.

Toshia said...

So cute! I cannot wait for baby to join us so I can share in the fun. I hope you remember about this saturday... how could you forget? See you then!