I mainly started this blog as a sort of journal for my family. This is the closest thing that I am going to get to doing a journal. So today, as with most of my posts, is an update on what's been happening in the life of our fam.The long awaited/dreaded day of finding out Jeff's scores on his national boards exams has finally come...and he passed everything!! Let me just tell you, preparing for these exams at the same time as preparing for finals was THE most stressful time in Jeff's life. You don't know how glad we were when it was over. I am so proud of you Jeff! Now that Jeff is in his 7th quarter he gets to start treating other students in the student health center so he has to dress up on some days - it's way cute, I mean sexy and handsome!
After I hurt my knee running a few months back I had to delay my training for the marathon. But I did keep exercising, just not really doing the cardio that I wanted to do. I still was able to lose some more weight, but that was also due to what I was eating. I am happy to say that I now weigh 144! Considering that this time last year I weighed over 200 lbs I think that's pretty good - thank you Usana! Anyway, so a few weeks ago I tried running a little outside, and ended up with shin splints. Then I tried again a week later outside and got tired real quick. So this week I decided to officially start and run at the gym where I can monitor how fast I am going. I ran for 30 minutes the first day without any problems. The next day I tried running for 35 minutes, and at almost 30 minutes I started to feel a dull pain in my dang knee. I had even been warmed up and was wearing knee braces. So I stopped running and just walked. The next day I did the elliptical instead, but halfway through that my knee started hurting again. It probably didn't help that I started out this week doing a bunch of lunges while holding weights. At least my knee hasn't been hurting while I'm going about my normal day. So, I've come to the conclusion (with the help of Melinda) that I started this whole running thing again a little too quickly - I need to work into it. I will try to do some swimming (which I'm horrible at) to get some cardio in and do some more strengthening, along with my stretching and other knee/leg exercises, and then start out slowly with running again. If this doesn't work then I don't know if I will be able to do the marathon in the fall - kind of a bummer.
Porter just keeps doing new things everyday. Jeff taught him to hit his own head and say ouch...thanks Jeff. He folds his own arms before each meal for prayer - he may not hold them together for the whole prayer but it's a start. He blows kisses - way cute. He coughs on demand. His dexterity in holding a spoon and maneuvering it is getting better. There are some other things that I can't think of right now - I'll have to add it later. Playing around and rough housing with Porter is way fun. This is the best age - it keeps getting better each day. I love spending time with him and learning about him. Whenever I have to go somewhere and am away from him it kind of makes me sad - I love hanging out with him. Kind of lame, but my little song for him is "You Are My Sunshine". I think I will probably have a song for each of my kids.
We lost Happy under the house today. Since it is an awesomely beautiful day I just had her in the backyard. When we went out to get her she was no where to be found. We thought "oh crap", because if she got out she would definitely have been hit by a car on the totally busy road that we live on. We finally figured out that she was probably under the house - cats are always getting down there. I'm surprised Happy hadn't gotten down there before. We blocked the other opening on the front of the house but now we need to fully block this one.
Side note - I finally found someone kind of nearby that threads eyebrows! I just went today and loved it. Since I moved to Portland the closest place I found was all the way on the other side of Portland. So I'm a happy camper.
Is it possible to have too much customer service? I just went to Wells Fargo and felt like I was being bombarded with customer service. Sometimes I just like to go somewhere, do my thing, then leave. If I have a question I will ask.
I don't want this to be too long (too late) so I'll just stop here. The weather is beautiful today so I am going to go and enjoy it!

5 comments:
Good update! And maybe I'm stupid, but what's threading eyebrows?
I had the same question....also, I need to talk to you more about your training. I really want to get back into running soon!
Sorry, I probably should have explained it. Threading is when they use a piece of thread that they twist or roll together and when they pull at the ends it pulls out the hair, or something like that. I haven't seen it done on anyone. But I started doing that instead of getting my eyebrows waxed because my skin is so sensitive that it would get irritated from being waxed. I hope that kind of explains it.
Amy...How are you? I just found your blog through Gene and Julie's. It is so great to catch up on your life. Things look like they're going great for you and your family. Your son is adorable!
Amy...if I were you, I would try going on some Procosa for a month and see if that helps with your Knee. Talk to Steve about it, he's pretty informed! good luck!!!
Post a Comment