Saturday, May 3, 2008

A little bored, and a little sick

Jeff is in California right now (lucky) for a whiplash conference. Since his family lives there he wanted to spend more time with them so he left Thursday night and will be back Monday morning. I was kind of bummed that I couldn't go (cost too much for all of us to go) but I had all of these plans on what I was going to do this weekend and on what I would get done around the house. Well Wednesday started off as a normal day for me, then around lunchtime my stomach started to hurt. I didn't think much of it and kept going about my day. Well, it starts to get worse and I feel like I don't have any energy. So, even though my office is open, I lay down and take a little nap (thank goodness Porter takes good naps so that I could do this while I am also working). Then, for rude, someone comes to my office (alright, I guess it's expected when I'm open, blah, blah, blah) and I get up to help them. And I notice that I still feel poopy. Finally I get to close my office and just lay down on the couch. Jeff comes home from school not to find a lovely gourmet meal on the table ready for him like usual (ha, ha - me cook gourmet...I crack myself up) but to find me still laying on the couch. So, he ends up getting Subway, which I don't even eat. Actually the few bites I did eat didn't even matter because they came right back up later anyway. Thank goodness I was this sick while Jeff was still here and not the next day because I did absolutely nothing but lay on the couch all night. Jeff had to feed Porter, play with him, give him a bath and put him to bed. Also, when I finally threw up what felt like everything I had eaten the previous week Jeff had to come and help me get up off the bathroom floor. It was pretty bad.

The next day I kept my office closed and continued on with just laying on the couch and doing nothing. I feel bad for Porter - I didn't play with him at all. That evening when Jeff left I felt a little better. Friday I felt even better and actually got ready for the day and worked. But then I got tired and weak and ended up spending most of the day on the couch again. Today was pretty much more of the same thing. It's sad, but I haven't done the dishes since Wednesday. I may do them tonight though because it's kind of starting to smell. It's kind of embarrassing to admit, but hey, I'm not feeling well. So, Jeff's gone and I feel crappy and haven't wanted to do anything so it's been a pretty boring and lame few days. But I did catch up on all my shows that I had DVRd. Happy also got so bored that she started chewing up her bed - I have paid absolutely no attention to her, let along take her for a walk. Anyway, I am feeling better so hopefully the house will be all put back together by the time Jeff comes home.

4 comments:

Jessie said...

Ive had many of those kinda days, and then i start cleaning like crazy only 10 minutes before john gets home! lol
i hope you are feeling better!! i had to attend a boring Landlord Training Class today from 8 am to 5pm....gross eh!

Linds said...

Yuck! That does not counf like fun. I think that it should be against the law for moms to get sick. It's not fair because you really can't take a day off. I hope you are feeling better.

Linds said...

Sorry about the typo, I didn't check it. I meant sound not counf. Weird!!

Toshia said...

I hope you start to feel better, here is wishing you some chicken soup! And here I am feeling loads better, but definitly fatter :)