Sunday, May 11, 2008

Ode to my Mom


As we all know today is Mother's Day and I would just like to take a moment to talk about my mom. She is the best mom that I could ever ask for. She has always been there for me through thick and thin. Everything I know, the person that I am, is owed largely in part to my awesome mom. Anything that I have wanted to do in my life she has showed me nothing less than complete love and support. Even through my evil teenage years she was always loving and caring towards me. She basically devoted her life to making sure that her kids were taken care of, and I am grateful for that everyday. She is such a peacemaker and has always been the calming source for our family. She is the reason that my family gets along so well. It is true when they say that the mother is the heart of the home, and in my case that heart was always radiating love. I know that she would do anything for her children. She has been a true example to me of how a mother should be.

My parents stayed with us the first two weeks that Porter was born and she was always able to calm Porter down, which was sometimes frustrating to me when I couldn't, but she is just a natural nurturer. I only hope that my children can feel the same love and support that my mom always showed me. I love you mom and am thankful for all the hugs and kisses you gave me, the meals you made, the clothes you fixed, the homework you helped me out with, the advice you have given and the example of your unwavering faith in the gospel that you have always had. I am sad that I can't be with you today but am excited to be able to see you next month! Happy Mother's Day!!

5 comments:

Linds said...

So sweet! I hope someday my kids write something like that about me. That was really sweet. I'm sure you made your mom cry. You made me cry! I hope you had a nice Mother's Day too.

Jessie said...

sniff sniff, that was so sweet Amy. I always get teary eyed when people talk about their mothers in a loving way. I miss mine so much :( .... evil teenage years eh?? haha

Toshia said...

Well, happy mother's day to you (a day late, whateva!) You are such a good daughter, your mom sounds like a keeper :) Hope to see ya soon...

Katie said...

that was so nice. i'm so glad there is a day set aside for mother's. just think, someday porter will be writing something like that about you:)

Gordita said...

How nice! Thank you for sharing your thoughts. You've inspired me to appreciate my mom too.