Doesn't he look like a cute little angel? Then he realized that he was tired because he didn't have his afternoon nap so he became a little hellion.
And he's hanging around with a bunch of girls - should I worry?? No - he just knows that to get the girls you need to show interest in what they like - that's my boy! ha haLet me explain this video for a second - apparently since I haven't let Porter play in the grass in our backyard, grass is so foreign to him that he absolutely doesn't like it. Here's my reasoning - our grass is basically Happy's potty and I'm not digging the idea of Porter playing in someone's toilet, so sue me. I also haven't taken him to the park to play around on his own (I do take him to the park, I just hold him and we go on the swings and slide and stuff, so I'm not that bad of a mom, I swear) because he doesn't walk yet and I don't want him to be crawling all over the ground or grass, which is everyone else's dog's potty. Jeff calls me a dirtaphobe, but I call myself someone who likes a clean house and a son whose not covered in urine or poo. Anyway, I just had to get video of Porter freakin out over touching the grass - I don't normally torture my son like this, but it was just kinda funny.
More good times - yesterday we went on a bike ride. I had bought a new bike (my last one was awful), Jeff finally got his bike back after being fixed, and we still hadn't used our bike trailer/jogger stroller as a bike trailer. Since Jeff is training for a triathlon we wanted to go on a 20+ mile ride. We got going a little later in the morning than we had hoped, but it was fun and everything was going good. We finally stopped to take a little break before we turned around to go back. After a little bit we started back. Then the fun factor kind of disappeared. We took way longer then we thought we would - I guess we were going slower then we thought - and Porter had missed his morning nap so he started to cry, and cry, and cry. We stopped a few times to try to calm him down, but we ended up just having to plow through to get back to the car. The people we passed just kind of stared at us and Porter with knowing eyes. I knew they were understanding but I still felt bad. Porter just hadn't had a good afternoon nap the day before at the birthday party, and he requires a ton of sleep, which I love, but sometimes we want to go out and do things but Porter gets WAY cranky without his naps. Don't get me wrong, I am not looking forward to the day the he won't be taking naps anymore, I would just like to be able to go out on fun excursions without Porter getting completely overtired and upset. Back to the point - Porter was crying while we were biking back, my butt was as sore as can be, and our fun little bike ride wasn't really that fun anymore. So we learned, for the sake of Porter and my bum, that we need to cap our bike rides at less than 2 hours. But I am lovin my new bike and am still excited to ride it again - after my bum has healed.



3 comments:
I had to laugh at the video! Did you know Brooklyn used to do the same thing. She couldn't stand the feel of grass. The good news, it will pass. He is getting so big. Gavin loves to look at Porter pictures. He says his name perfect, it's so cute. Happy Mothers day Amy!
Cute pictures! And I have to ask, did you jump on that awesome trampoline?
I can totally agree with you about the playing in a dog's potty. I have decided that my entire back yard is a toilet! The video is great by the way :)
Post a Comment