
Last night a bunch of us went to Stephenie Meyer's book signing for her new book The Host. I loved her Twilight series books (can't wait for the fourth one to come out in August!) so I am pretty confident that I will enjoy this book as well. Unfortunately I have about 3 other books I'm trying to read right now, so this book will have to wait a week or so. I know that once I start reading this book I won't want to put it down so I need to make sure I don't have any other distractions. Man, I sound like a dork.

Here we all are right before it started (Holly, Lindsey W., Challene, Amy M., and me). Lindsey Reynolds is off to the right taking care of Cassia, so she was a little preoccupied for this pic.

But here she is. Thanks to Lindsey for bringing Cassia, who by the way is just over 2 weeks old. Because Lindsey had a baby there we got to have our books signed first! So, Stephenie Meyer spoke for about 20 minutes answering questions that were emailed to her and then she went to start all of the book signing, which by the way was probably going to last for hours because the event was sold out and she was personalizing The Host for everyone, and if people wanted they could bring two of the Twilight books for her to sign too. But since we were first we were all done with the whole thing before 7:30pm - we thought it would have been a lot later. Thanks Cassia!

View from where we were sitting. See that person on the stage? Yeah, neither could I, but I swear that is Stephenie Meyer - I had my camera with me and not Jeff's so I couldn't get a good picture of her.

Since it was early and we were having a little girl's night out we couldn't go home already so we decided to go to Ben & Jerry's just down the street. Good times.
4 comments:
Cute cute! I've got to blog about it too. I didn't get a picture of Lindsey, so sad. Well, I know she was there!
Amy- You look so good! Looks like fun. I want to borrow your book sometime IF you are willing to lend it out.....it may be worth something you know.
Awesome, Did you know I got my "The Host" Book autographed too! Yup, I couldn't go to the Mall of America on May 6th so, a good friend bought the book for me and had it autographed. I could tell you which one she is if your ever on Twilight moms! I should give you my name too! The book has been pretty difficult for me to get into. I've started over about 3 times now, but I'll get through it some time. Looks like you had a blast! I'm jealous that she signed the Twilight books too for some people :( You do look great, Amy!
I already read a draft copy of the fourth book. Edward goes to find Jacob and they both come back home to find Bella has missed them so much she drowned her sorrows in making passionate love to Mike (who she realizes she loves also...get in line) Edward forgives Bella and jacob kills Mike. Edward and Jacob both bite Bella and she becomes more powerful than both of them. The end. Just kidding, I didnt read it.
Post a Comment