
Yup, today's my birthday. I am now the big 2-8. That's right, I'm 28. Which means that I am no longer in my mid twenties - I am officially in my late twenties. I was a little sad at first because that means I am almost 30, which seemed REALLY old when I was about 18. But then I realized that 30 is the new 20, so now I am getting kind of excited. Keep coming 30, I am ready for you!! My age is merely a number. I may be getting up there in years, but I still feel young at heart. When I turn 40 it will be the new 30, and so on. So you see, life just keeps getting better and sweeter with age, and a person just keeps getting wiser. So my sister Karen must be REALLY wise and sweet...ha ha, you know I'm kidding. She is part of the reason that I am excited to be in my 30s. Man, I am definitely glad that I am the youngest of 5 - I have learned so much from my brother and sisters about life. They went through everything first and were able to help me out as I have reached life's milestones. If I ever have a question or problem they are always there to help me out because they have all already been through it. You know, I think I can safely say that I have the best siblings ever...sorry to everyone else out there, but as you can probably guess I am just a tad biased. Anyway, that is a long subject to be discussed for a whole other day.
Back to my b-day. As a present to myself I decided not to go to the 5:45am class at the gym and instead do a pilates video at home so I could get some extra sleep. That was definitely a wonderful present, and one that I may just give to myself tomorrow morning as well. Jeff started his seventh quarter at WSCC today, so he was basically gone all done. But he did come home for lunch, which was yummy Panda Express - I love chinese fast food but it's a little unhealthy and we feel that Panda is overpriced so this was a treat for me today because I LOVE their food. I also love not having to clean up after I cook so that was an added bonus. I didn't start work until 1pm but I seemed to be working all morning anyway with vendors coming to do work and people of course waiting until the last possible moment to pay rent so I had a GIGANTIC rent deposit to do from the weekend and it was like they were all rushed so a few of them made mistakes with their rent which I had to call them on and have them quickly fix - come on people, just try to pay rent on the 1st when it is actually officially due!! I digress. So today was a busy work day which went against my whole not wanting to do anything because it's my birthday. But what can you do. It's just kind of funny, I have a desk calendar that I write down all appointments on and what things I need to do each day and today was the day that was the fullest, go figure.
On to my birthday date. So I dropped Porter off at the Olsens (thanks again Jessica!) so that Jeff and I could go on a real date. We even got dressed up and Jeff gave me some cute flowers. We went to Black Angus for dinner - I know, not all that exciting, but we had a free birthday meal, and we are living on a student's income. We were able to actually take our time and enjoy our food. Then we went to pick Porter up and took him home to put him to bed. After that Jeff gave me an awesome message - I LOVE being pampered and I definitely milked it today! Anyway, the day is almost over and I am grateful for another wonderful year to have passed and a new one/adventure to begin. Remember, life's fun and good - enjoy every moment!

5 comments:
Happy happy birthday!! It sounds like you had a good day minus all the work. I just love birthdays, don't you?
Happy Birthday!! You have to milk it on your birthday. I actually like to celebrate "birthday week" and I milk the perks all week long. You should try it!
I prefer chocolate milk on my birthday.
Happy Birthday!!! Sorry to be a little late in getting around to acknowledging it, I love you anyways :) Hope you had a great day, I will see you soon!
well Happy BELATED Birthday!!!:) xo
Post a Comment