So I've been lagging in the posting department lately, again. What's been going on you may ask? Well, not much. That may be why I haven't posted much recently. But honestly, life has been pretty good and I have just been kinda chillin. It's actually a little funny - just a week or so ago I was thinking to myself that life is pretty good, I don't have any complaints, and I'm diggin how things are going. I shouldn't have said that. Last Saturday night we get a message from someone in the Bishopric saying that they want to meet with us on Sunday, which always means that one of us is getting a calling. I had just received a new calling as the ward choir pianist a few months previous and had been released from my stake calling, so we thought that it had to be for Jeff since he has had his calling for a few years now. Nope. They gave me a new calling, and what's funny is that it is the one calling I said I never would want to have. I shouldn't have said that either. Anyway, I can't turn down a calling just because I think it will be hard and challenging, so of course I accepted. I haven't been sustained yet so I won't say what it is. So now my perfect little life has become a bit more challenging. Even before the Bishopric member told us who was getting a calling he asked how we were doing and I said that things were going pretty dang good, and he said that it's when you get comfortable like that that things get shaken up a bit...hence my new calling.
Now I know that people don't like to hear how things are all roses and puppy dog tails on blogs (it's never interesting unless there's drama, right?), but I would just like to take a moment to share my gratitude for how smoothly life seems to be going right now (except for the new calling part). First of all my job is pretty dang easy right now. I am basically always full which cuts down on a lot of work right there. If someone gives notice then I am able to rent out the apartment pretty quickly. My residents and property are low maintenance and I only work four hours a day Mon-Fri, but there's not much work for me to be doing during that time. Plus my boss is pretty chill and trusts me to run my property how I see fit. My job includes a ton of other benefits/perks so I am quite happy with my whole set up.
Jeff is in the first quarter of the 8-9 split so he's home a lot more and isn't as stressed about school, so we get to spend a lot more time together. Porter is a good little boy who is a great sleeper, good eater, and at such an awesome age. Thinking back to how much harder it is having a little baby around I'm not quite ready to have that again because things are so much easier right now and going pretty great.
Financially we're not doing too bad - opportunities to make money keep popping up so "we have sufficient for our needs" :) Don't get me wrong, we're not making tons of money, plus we have thousands of dollars of student loans piling up, but everything seems to always work out perfectly.
We just did the Master Cleanse (aka Lemonade Diet...more on that later) so I'm feeling good, my colon definitely is completely cleaned out, and I've lost some more weight - always a good thing. We're doing the Reset again next week to reset our bodies concerning carbs. I figure that I might as well do all of this cleanse stuff now and experimenting with how foods really affect me since I'm not pregnant or breastfeeding right now.
So life has been pretty chill and I have been able to focus on doing more of the things that I truly want to do, which is read and do random research about random stuff - mostly stuff on health - eating, exercising, staying centered, etc. Right now Jeff is in Idaho doing some work for a chiropractor there for the weekend so it's just me and Ports right now...and also Happy. I'm also doing some organizing and cleaning. These are all things that I love doing, but to any other person it looks like I am pretty boring. Oh well, as long as I'm happy, right?
Seven Minutes
2 days ago

7 comments:
Things are going good for you. Good!! I can't wait to hear what your new calling in the ward is. Ooh, the suspense is killing me. They better sustain you tomorrow, I don't think I could take another week of not knowing.
me too....ooooh...what is it? what is it??
Thanks for always babysitting for me too!!glad I can contribute to the making money part...wish you would take more of dang money silly!!!
p.s...THANK YOU For cleaning my house up! when I walked in..all I could think was "bless her heart" I was so tired and it so nice to come home to a clean house.
Will you marry me? lol!!
that is so nice to hear! im glad everything is going so well for you guys right now. arent you loving the spilt?! I dont care what anybody says, i LOVED it! haha I cant sleep, as you can tell what time this comment is. Must be the pregnancy thing? you guys did the master cleanse, really?? did you make it the full 10 days? when we did it, john lost 17lbs and i only lost 7! it wasnt as hard as i thought it would be. anyway, maybe i should really try and go to sleep now! sophia misses porter btw! and congrats on your new calling, hey at least its not adult sunday school teacher right? or is it??
What health! Whose life, in this world, is ever "OK" and who doesn't have a multitude of things to complain about? Only those who are confident, are mentally and emotionally healthy, and are close to the Lord.
Of course this is the girl who, as a 15 year old, found remarkable inspiration in Jean Luc Picard's getting a huge serated knife through his back, through his heart, and protruding out of his chest. "You have to be willing to step out of your comfort zone and experience stress and pain to accomplish something in this world," observed this 15 year old. Daddy was pretty much speachless and had very little to add. And so this girl would be poignantly aware when life is going too smoothly. I love and admire you, honey.
OK, so I know what the calling is -- special perks of being "Daddy" -- and I sympathize. Anyway, today's Sunday and you should be sustained.
I'm so proud of you guys! You are a real example of changing your lives and living healthy. I admire you for that!
Hey I don't agree with the boring part. I like to clean and organize too. Sounds like you're very good at seeing all your many blessings.
Post a Comment