From the moment we moved to Portland I noticed a big difference from good 'ol California - there are more spiders/bugs here. I used to be afraid of spiders, but I had to face that fear head on. Last weekend Jeff was out of town and I happened to notice on the ceiling by the back door a lot of tiny, light colored spiders. Immediately I figured that there must have been some kind of nest or whatnot that had hatched - pretty gross, eh? So I got right to work squashing them all - I was not going to become infested with spiders. It didn't really matter that Jeff wasn't here because I would probably be the one killing them anyway even if he was here. So I scanned all the walls and ceiling in the surrounding area to make sure that I had killed all that I could see. Then for the next few days another one would pop up every now and then, so I would proceed to smoosh those too. For those of you who are hardcore animal activists out there I apologize for you being upset by reading this, but I do not apologize for killing the spiders. They can do all they want outside, but when it comes to them invading my home they have crossed the line. So, I'm pretty sure that I got all of the spiders that hatched. But alas, this morning in the hallway there was a nice big black spider on the wall, so I proceeded to kill that one too. Totally not related to the other spiders or anything, there are just a lot of spiders here. Every time I open the shower curtain I need to check for spiders - I feel a little more vulnerable when I'm not wearing anything.We also just realized something the other day - our desk top computer is in a corner and the whole area behind the computer and on the floor is covered with dead bugs. The heat and whatnot from the computer must attract the bugs and then kill them - once again, gross. But it looks like the computer is doing my job and killing them for me - much appreciated.

8 comments:
Eww, yuck! I'm with you though, if they come in my house and I see them, they're dead.
ahhhh, i seriously screamed when i clicked on you blog!! haha i am SOOOOOO afraid of spiders!!! i dont know what i would of john if john was gone and i found those baby ones? called 911?? LOL
luckily ive only seen 1 in this apartment, our last apartment was around lots of bushes and there were more! eww!!
So you couldn't have found a nice childrens drawing of a spider, you had to put that nasty freaky one up! anyway I can't kill em. I tried to kill a bug once and it made a sound so since then I can't do it. I used to trap them under glasses and have Chad kill them now I just ignore them and hope they don't end up in my bed.
Nasty! Glad you killed em. We have been finding a lot too in our apartment lately and I have to be the man and take care of him because when Brad sees them he screams like a little girl!
Was it your teacher in grade school who had a room full of critters including a huge trantula -- all in cages, of course. The trantuala was out -- don't remember why -- and got frightened and made a dash toward the edge of the table. The teacher put her hand out to stop it from injuring itself, but it skirted around her hand and took a head-first dive off the table, whereupon the teacher caught it in midair, carefully protecting it in her hand -- it was the size of her hand -- and she gently, carefully, and lovingly placed it back into its cage.
I was impressed!
So gross! I hate spiders.
AMY! I could have done without the picture! i'm gonna have nightmares for weeks now!
p.s Jessica.you're hilarious!
That one time when we came to visit you, there was a spider nest infestation. You probably attract them. You're probably going to end up like that lady with the giant spider from Krull.
Post a Comment