Since there is a HUGE fan base for this series they were having book release parties at about every bookstore that was going to carry it. So of course I had to go to one. There are a lot of other people in my ward who love the series too, so they all wanted to go as well. The party started at 9:30pm August 1st and was going until they started selling the book at midnight. Now I had already pre-ordered the book on Amazon.com months ago, which I realize was kind of lame since I wouldn't receive it on the 2nd, but I wanted to check out the party anyway.
Here are the people who went: Challene, Lindsey R, Lindsey W, Holly, Becki, Amy M, Rosie, Jenn and me. Even more showed up later.Since this series is mostly geared toward teenagers, we were like the oldest people there. But I must say that there are still a ton of people in their 20s, 30s, etc. that read the books. My parents even read the books.
The first portion of the festivities were trivia questions and I answered one right, so I got this totally awesome pin and stickers - not sure what I'm going to do with them but at least I won something. The question was actually really easy and I just happened to be the first to raise my hand, but we were also in the front and center. The question was something like "Who is the person that everyone describes as inhumanly gorgeous?" and the answer was Rosalie.After the trivia portion was over there were a lot of other festivities scheduled, but when they started to do a debate between Team Edward and Team Jacob and the first question was asking about what a soul mate is and like a fourteen year old girl started answering, me and the other people in my car turned to each other and said it looked like it was going to be lame so we left. Plus we were all getting tired and none of us were getting the book at midnight anyway. It was fun while we were there though. I should be getting the book today, but I won't be starting it until next week. I am leaving tomorrow to go to CA for my friends wedding and will be busy the whole time so I will read it when I get back. But I am getting pretty dang excited!

6 comments:
Hooray, you're the first to blog about it. I can't believe you are going to wait that long to read it. Oh, it is soooooooo good! She pulled out all the stops on this one.
So I got the book today and thought that I would just take a peak at it...I don't want to put it down!!! But I do still need to work, pack and feed the family so I have had to stop for the time being, but I am dying to keep reading it!!
You girls are sooo funny. With all this hype...I guess I might have to read the books too. I did see some interviews on the making of the movie though. It looks good.
Boy Howdy it is a fabulous book! I don't want to give anything away so I won't. But it was GREAT!
Amy do have any any celery??? hahaha
You look nice in orange! That release party looked fun! Makes me want to read those books!
When CH2 news showed the attendees at the midnight parties for Breaking Dawn, all that could be seen were adolescent girls. Do I dare admit that I've read it? It was just sitting there on a big table at Smith's and I put it in the basket with our groceries. It's interesting that your plaque says you were "bitten" by the series. The German titles are a pun. The series is "Until Morning," "Until Noon," "Until Evening," (I don't know what Breaking Dawn is.) But the German word for "Until" is "Bis". However, the German word for "bite" is "Biss", so there is a shadowed second S in each of the titles thereby rendering the titles: "Bitten to Morning," "Bitten to Noon," and "Bitten to Evening." Clever. (I knew you all wanted to know that.)
Post a Comment