(This post is purely for my journal so that I can have a written record of Porter's growth.) Yesterday Porter turned 18 months, thus he had his 18 month check up. Doc said he looked healthy and is good to go. I passed up on any new vaccinations again - I will gladly have him get a couple of them when he is much older, but there are still a few that I don't feel he will need. His weight is 24.6 lbs (32%), height is 32 1/2 inches (63%) and head is 49 cm (84%).
I am loving this age! He is so much fun and is learning so much each day. I can talk to him or ask him something and he totally understands and talks back to me. He can repeat almost anything we say. Mainly the only things he won't say is 'please', 'all done' and 'more', and that's because he still just signs those words. But that's just how he learned to say those words and it works for him. He goes peepee on the potty at night before his bath without any problems, but I am still not pushing the full on potty training thing yet, I am just taking baby steps and getting him prepared for that big milestone. But I am hoping to have him potty trained before we have another baby. He still sleeps great, both at night and for both of his naps. He is kind of getting close to not needing his morning nap anymore, but I want to still hang on to that as long as possible so that the next time I get pregnant I can use that time myself to rest during the first trimester since I work in the afternoons.
It is amazing how much I love this little guy. Each day I love him more and more. He is such a bright light in our little family. I couldn't have asked for a more wonderful little boy!
Seven Minutes
2 days ago

4 comments:
Happy Birthday Porter!!!!!!!!!!! We love you!!!
(I can't believe my chunk weighs more than him. I'm almost embarassed for her! lol)
Ya so Porter and Aphia weigh the same.
He is so adorable! What a joy! Sounds to me like you're thinking about having another one. Ha ha!
black text on black background. Is that to save power? Or is your blog top secret now?
Post a Comment