when you turn on the cold water and it comes out warm. We're having a bit of a heat wave here - tomorrow it will be over 100. It wouldn't be so bad, except that it is a bit humid. Porter and I went out to get the mail today and we were walking at his speed so by the time I got back to the house I was actually a little moist...I wouldn't say full on sweating, but pretty dang close. Jeff is camping at the beach right now with the scouts and he said that it is probably 75 degrees...ahhhh, doesn't that sound nice. But I have my little strategy on how to keep the house cool (even with just a portable window AC) so it's not that bad inside, except for in my office because it faces the afternoon sun so I keep the door from the house into the office closed so that the house stays cool, which means no AC for the office - sorry to all of the people who have come to my office today hoping for a break from the heat, but I am going to put mine and Porter's comfort first. As you may have guessed I am not hanging out in my office and only go in there if absolutely necessary. I hate to admit it, but I am looking forward to the rain and cooler weather that we are supposed to have next week - it just feels and looks kind of gross outside (remember, the block where I live is in the ghetto) and the rain washes all the nasty stuff away and makes everything feel fresh and clean.
1 comment:
I love the heat...but I certainly don't like how humid it is, I agree! I also hate getting in the car and having the girls complain of how hot their car seats are! I feel so bad! Ugh...yes, it will be nice for it to be a little cooler!
Post a Comment