The day after Jeff's triathlon was the beginning of his finals. That Saturday we left for Utah to visit family. So while Jeff was going through finals I was getting us ready to go to Utah and preparing things at work for me to be away. Then in Utah we were go go go the whole time. Here's a sampling of what we did:
The whole time we were there the weather was wonderfully warm and sunny, so we went to the park a lot.

My niece Claire helped Porter walk around a lot so by the time we came home he was pretty much walking all over the place.



While we were there it was my parent's 41st anniversary so our present to them was we took some pictures of them and got them framed. This was our second favorite pic.
This was our first.Unfortunately we didn't get pictures of everything we did. Jeff went golfing a few times and bike riding with our brother-in-law Tom. He also shadowed a chiropractor in Ogden on one day. We spent another day with our friends the Kepo'os who finished WSCC a few years ago and moved to Utah to start a practice - good times. We also went to Raging Waters where we all had fun, except for Porter - he didn't really dig the water too much...we need to work on that. Then our friends the Reynolds who live with us in Portland were also in Utah and they blessed their baby there since both of their families are from there so we got to go to that too. Jeff and I had a dang good time in Utah. It was sad to leave, but after being away from home for 9 days it definitely feels good to be back.
Once we got home it was rent week at work plus we were settling back in to our routine, so that took some time. For Fourth of July I babysat during the day then we went to a friends house for a BBQ and went home to put Porter to bed, so we didn't see fireworks (it doesn't get dark until late here so fireworks don't start until about 10pm - Porter would have been a little terror), but it's not like we haven't seen them before. That weekend Jeff and I enjoyed the last few days before he had to start school again. Now he's in the first quarter of the 8-9 split at school so his load will be lighter and life won't be so hectic, but it is still school. So that's my little update in a nutshell.
Once we got home it was rent week at work plus we were settling back in to our routine, so that took some time. For Fourth of July I babysat during the day then we went to a friends house for a BBQ and went home to put Porter to bed, so we didn't see fireworks (it doesn't get dark until late here so fireworks don't start until about 10pm - Porter would have been a little terror), but it's not like we haven't seen them before. That weekend Jeff and I enjoyed the last few days before he had to start school again. Now he's in the first quarter of the 8-9 split at school so his load will be lighter and life won't be so hectic, but it is still school. So that's my little update in a nutshell.














7 comments:
Fabulous! Looks like you had a great time. And hooray for the split. You'll love it! And it's so fun to have the split during the summer. You can actually go so stuff.
It sounds like it was a great trip. I'm glad that Porter got over his irrational fear of grass. What a baby. ;)
I absolutely love your first pick of photos of your parents. I didn't know your sweet mother had it in her to scowl like that. What a nice anniversary gift!
Haha. I love your mom and dad! Please tell them I say hello. And I totally recognize that sofa and coffee table! It brings back many memories. Awesome!!!
You're parents are cute Amy :( Good ol Utah, I have to admit it has many sunny days there! I like your new blog design.....it making me want to take off somewhere tropical!
What a fun trip! That Porter is so dang cute! I might have to reserve him for Andi. I saw the two of them flirting at the bbq tonight! :)
You have a really cute blog. I love that family picture at the top. You do have a really cute little guy. Looks like you had a great trip.
looks like fun. porter is so cute. i can't believe how big he is getting. i didn't know your parents live in utah? or do they? love your background. and you look so pretty in every picture!
Post a Comment