Yesterday Jeff did the Blue Lake Triathlon! Yup, it was Father's Day, the day that he's supposed to be pampered and not do anything because he is an awesome dad, but instead he wanted to put his body through the wringer. It was pretty cool being there. Thanks to Bob for taking the pictures and being there to support Jeff!! Here's how the day went:

Getting ready to start the race off by doing the mile swim

Jeff's group was the second to go out

Finishing the swim - I can barely swim to save my life so to me this was pretty impressive. But swimming is Jeff's thing so this part was no sweat for him. Just a hunch, but I'm guessing that Red Bull was a big sponsor for the event - what do you think?

They run out of the water and to the transition area where they get ready for the biking portion.

Ah, Jeff

The biking portion begins - they go for almost 25 miles - can we say sore bum?

Action shot

Finishing the biking part


And now for the running - the run is 6.2 miles

Me and Ports just showing Jeff some love

He finishes!
I'm so proud of my hubby! That's a lot to put your body through in one day. So we went home and took a nice little nap. Then it was time for Jeff to study for finals. Yup, it's finals week. Jeff just went through a huge physical stress, now he gets to go through a mental one too. What a hard worker, eh?
6 comments:
Congratulations Jeff.
Way to go, we are so proud of you. Good luck with your finals! You'll do great.
Wow! That's pretty amazing. I've always wanted to do something like that. But I just don't think I have it in me. That's pretty awesome! Congrats to Jeff!
Can I just say impressive? I don't think I could ever do that... congrats on the big finish :) Good luck with your finals (I would think now you can do anything!)
you're dad sounds amazing (in the post below). i also agree that every girl needs a dad. and congrats to jeff. that is crazy hard work and dedication.
Way to go Jeff! This is Dani Harmon... We haven't seen you guys in forever! I saw those picures below and I honestly don't think I would have recognized you had I run into you guys. You look amazing! And Porter is a little boy! He was just a baby last time we saw him. Hopefully we'll get to see you guys in the near future!
Congrats Jeff! And to both of you for all your hard work at losing weight!! I can't imagine-determination and dedication for sure! Truly an inspriaton...you should go on Oprah!
Post a Comment