Saturday, June 7, 2008

Happy Anniversary Bebes!!

Today is our 5th anniversary (yay!), and unfortunately Jeff is in California (boo!). That's why we went to the coast last weekend, and the weekend before that we went out on a date with just the two of us. But still, it kind of sucks to be alone on your anniversary. Oh well - not having Jeff with me right now just makes me appreciate him more. I've got to say, I feel pretty dang lucky to have Jeff in my life. He is fun, caring, smart, and let's admit it, pretty dang sexy. And he is absolutely the best dad to our little boy. I love you so much Jeff and am so blessed and thankful to be able to spend eternity with you.

Jeff and I met in our singles ward in Whittier, CA when I moved there to go to college. We knew of each other - I played the piano for him to sing a few times and he helped me move a few times. But it wasn't until the last move (it was in November 2002) that I think things started to click. He road in the U-haul with me and that was the first time it was just the two of us. But we didn't go on our first date until December 18, 2002 (call me lame, but I remember dates like this). He took me to Benihana, which I love, and then we saw Lord of the Rings. He proposed on February 7, 2003 at Laguna Beach, which is where we also had our first kiss on New Year's Eve. I knew we were going to get married before he did - I had a couple of dreams - kind of weird, I know. Then we were sealed for time and eternity in the Los Angeles, CA temple on June 7, 2003. Here are some pics from back then:

This was our reenactment of the proposal at Laguna Beach - this was the actual bench that we sat on. When he proposed he said this cute little poem that ended with "...will you be my wife." I don't remember the whole poem. I wish I could have recorded it or something because it was way cute, but I didn't know he was going to propose at that moment and he made the poem up on the spot.


I, of course, said yes


This was our engagement picture.


This was while we were dating - before he got a haircut


And this was after - much better :)


This was the day that I received my endowments - we went to a friend's wedding right after so this is at the reception.


This was the only good picture from the wedding that I had on the computer - we haven't scanned all of the pictures into the computer yet, which is a bummer because there are way cuter pictures than this.


On the cruise ship on our honeymoon


Mayan ruins in Belize


In Florida after the cruise ship got back - we had one day in Florida before we went home.


No, of course these aren't real - on that day in Florida we got henna tatoos.

So that's how our life together began. We lived in Anaheim, CA for two years where both of us worked, then we moved to Portland, OR where Jeff finished up his prerequisites at MHCC then started going to WSCC. During Jeff's second quarter at WSCC Porter joined our family and has been an absolute joy. That brings us to now, five years later and lovin life. We hope that in the many, many years to come we will just keep adding to our family and enjoying every moment of eternity that we get to be together.

8 comments:

Jeff and Amy said...

It is I that am lucky bebes...not only do I have a hot wife...who is drop dead gorgeous and sexy and foxy and all those words that mean hot, but she is also the greatest housewife, mother and friend. You're my best friend bebes. I love you and wish you could be here or that I could be there for our anniversary. I look forward to seeing you Monday morning.

Toshia said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the whole thing, you guys are way to cute for your own good :) Love ya!

Linds said...

Cute cute!! Happy anniversary! That was really cute. I love hearing other people's stories.

Nicole W. said...

awww....I almost want to cry.
You guys are adorable and yes Jeff, you have a BEAUTIFUL wife! I can't believe the transformation you guys have gone through this year, you're amazing.

Gordita said...

Happy anniversary! You two are just wonderful. Keep up the loving!

The Hill Family said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Love all the cute pictures; you guys are great!!

Jessie said...

Amy, that was one of the most interesting Blog Posts by someone that I have read in a while!! I love learning about how people met etc... Happy Anniversary!! You guys are so great together :) And we love Porter too! lol
~Jess

ProudPapa said...

OK, that did it! Am I going to be sucked into blogging, myself? What do I have to do to be able to add a comment? I guess I'll find out when I try to get this posted. We love you guys and... "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." (3 John 1:4) You two are an inspiration.