Our anniversary is tomorrow and Jeff is in California for another whiplash conference so we decided to celebrate it last weekend by going to the coast. We stayed at a beach house (thanks Jenn Brooks!) which was less than a mile from the beach. Saturday morning's run was the best run I have ever had. It was a fun little getaway weekend. We took a ton of pictures, so be prepared - because there are so many pics I kept them small, but you can click on them to see a bigger view. We were trying to do another family picture (the last one we did was in December and Porter has changed a lot since then) but none of them really turned out how we wanted. Here's what we did last weekend:

The best family picture from the first day

Just kickin it on a log

I love this picture!

I love seeing dads with their kids!

Daddy's are always the fun ones

The trip really tired the poor little guy out

When you go to the coast in Oregon you HAVE to stop at Tillamook and get some ice cream - Porter loved it, although you can't really tell from his face here.

Another shot of way hot Dada with Waby.

There was this really steep hill of sand just calling out to Jeff to run down it.

Hiding in the grass

I've mentioned in previous posts that Porter doesn't like grass - well apparently he doesn't like sand either - he refused to touch it.

But he was as happy as could be sitting on this log that was on the sand.

Way cute!

Freakin adorable!

Happy boy

But Porter was standing on sand here and he was fine - go figure.

Another attempt at a family picture

He gets heavy to carry so we need to change up the positions every now and then. This weekend would have been another time where it would have been nice if Porter was fully walking. You can't push strollers on the sand and he refused to crawl in it.

I wish we had thought of having Jeff in this picture and making this the family pic.

Yet again, another attempt

Lots of fun stuff to show Ports

Way freakish starfish

See my pant legs - they were wet for hours - I hate when jeans get wet. We drove home after this, stopping for food on the way, so I couldn't change.

Maybe this one could work?

or this one?
So that was our weekend. Of course, since we were at the coast we spent a lot of time on the beach. The coast in Oregon is beautiful, which is why I wanted a family picture there. Oh well, we will just have to try it another day.
6 comments:
Beautiful!!! We need to make it to the coast. I would love to make a whole weekend of it, but Jared has clinic, argh!! Anyway, I really like the first picture for the family picture. That is if we get to vote, that's my vote!!
Ok...those pictures are incredible! Love them!
you guys are gorgeous!
I agree that the photos are gorgeous. I think any one of those "attempts" at family photos will work. They are all lovely.
LOVE the pics!
Hey Amy, I found your blog on Katie's and I just wanted to say Hi. Your family is so cute. I'm glad that things are going well. Where in Oregon do you live? I was in Astoria a few months ago, and I would have to agree that I too love the Oregon Coast. When we went I also got a pic of one of those really wierd looking starfish.
Post a Comment