The wonderful day has finally arrived! Now some of you may be thinking I'm crazy for wanting him to walk because then I will be running after him all the time, but I just want to be able to go somewhere like the park or the bank and not have to constantly be holding him because if I put him down he will crawl all over the nasty ground. He may only weigh about 24 pounds, but he gets heavy after awhile.
The timing of him starting to walk couldn't have been more perfect. Last weekend we went to the coast (I will post pictures about that later) and while we were there my camera, which is also our video camera, stopped working. The lens is stuck and won't close. We were totally bummed. So I called Canon and they told me to send it in. We just bought it last November so it is still under warranty Now the whole process of sending in the camera and having it fixed is going to take weeks, and we knew that Porter was on the verge of walking and we didn't want to miss it. So what do we do? Today Jeff went out and bought another camera/video camera. We definitely do plan on returning it as soon as we get our other camera back. We bought what was a more expensive camera thinking it would be better than mine so when we got mine back we would sell it, but it turns out the new one doesn't take as good of pictures as my camera anyway, so we will most likely return the new one when we get mine back. But at least the video works well. Anyway, right after Jeff came home with the new camera Porter all of a sudden just stood up and took a few steps, all on his own without being prompted by anyone. I thought, holy crap he has finally done it. So I ran to get the camera and was able to catch it on video. Then as the day has gone on he has just gotten better. Yay for walking! Looks like we will need to go get one of those backpack baby leash things for when we go to Utah in a few weeks.
Seven Minutes
2 days ago

4 comments:
Hooray!! That's so exciting! Congrats!
Ahhh! The things I am going to have to prepare for :) I was wandering around stores this afternoon and looking at baby clothes... I can't believe how tiny they start out and how quickly they grow!
YAY Porter!! Way to go!!
I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one who had to buy a camera for the time mine was getting fixed. I'm actually on my second replacement camera because the first one was awful. Hopefully they will get my camera fixed this time.
Post a Comment