Sunday, June 15, 2008

Ode to my Dad

Happy Father's Day Dad!! With today being Father's Day I would like to take a moment to talk about my awesome father. My Dad has always been my biggest supporter in whatever I do. He has always encouraged me to try new things and do what my heart desired - obviously as long as it wasn't stupid. But he always helped me to believe in myself. And he was always involved in whatever I was doing. He would take me to my ice skating lessons, go to my softball games, be at all of my piano recitals and band concerts/competitions, help me with homework, now he even reads my blog...anything that I do he is involved. I never realized how lucky I was to have such an involved dad until I got older and saw other people who had an absent dad and how it affected them. Every kid needs both a mom and a dad. Every little girl needs a dad.

To me growing up my dad knew how to do everything. If anything was broken he knew how to fix it. He is so smart - it seems like he is just a big bundle of knowledge. If I ever have a question about anything I just ask him. He is a great and supportive dad, honest, hard working and he absolutely adores my mom. In looking for my husband I looked for those same qualities that my dad had. And I value my Dad's opinion so when he met Jeff and said that he loved him and thought that he was perfect for me I was elated.

So I would just like to let my dad know how much I love and appreciate everything he does for me and the wonderful example that he sets. You're awesome and I can't wait to see you next week!!!

2 comments:

ProudPapa said...

Thanks sweetheart. What a sweet Father's Day gift! I'm glad you didn't mention the times when you found out your Dad couldn't do it all. I remember more than one such event, and was waiting for that shoe to drop. Comments are supposed to be short and if I weren't typing, I would be having trouble getting words out right now....

Linds said...

So sweet!