Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter fun

Now that Porter is older I have been trying to get more into the holidays. Growing up my parents, I mean the Easter Bunny, would get each of us a chocolate bunny and we would have an Easter egg hunt. As I got older the egg hunt died off, but I still got the chocolate bunny. Since Jeff and I have been married we haven't really done anything for Easter...or for any other holiday. Maybe you could call us holiday grinches, but we always kept things pretty low key. Enters Porter. Now I am trying to start traditions and make holidays more exciting and fun for him. It's actually kind of fun for me too.

This year I got Porter his first Easter basket. It was a small basket, but something nonetheless. Of course I forgot to take a picture of it. But it had some Sesame Street stickers, a turtle magnifying glass, a little boat, an egg full of chocolate M&Ms, a chocolate bunny, and a little bag of those chocolate candy covered Cadbury eggs. I even got a bag of those chocolate covered eggs for me and Jeff - we love those. Then Jeff asks where his chocolate bunny was...oops, I totally didn't think of really getting anything else for Jeff or anything - must remember that for next year. I had bought a Sesame Street (you notice a theme - Porter loves Sesame Street) egg dying kit and boiled some eggs, but when it came down to it I didn't feel like dying the eggs...oh well, Porter's too young, he won't remember :) Now I already have the kit for next year - see how prepared and planning in advance I am. Our friend Jenn invited us to her mom's house for dessert and to participate in an Easter egg hunt. So there you go, Porter still got to have an egg hunt with dyed eggs. These pics are the only pics we got of the Easter fun.


Porter giving little Aphia a hug - too cute!


Finding an egg.


All the eggs Porter found, plus it looks like he's crazily hitting me with whatever toy that is.


Tom, Rosie and Owen Fullmer; Jenn & Aphia Brooks; then us - good times with good friends!

1 comment:

ProudPapa said...

Porter won't remember, but you did. I can remember when you complained that we had stopped hiding Easter eggs. You pointed out that you were still a little girl and made us feel very guilty for dropping the tradition while you were yet in your pre-teen, formative years. I still feel guilty. Some things are sad to remember.