Sunday, May 31, 2009

What's been going on over here

I think this is the longest I have gone without posting anything. As I mentioned before, pregnancy doesn't agree with me. I have been feeling like utter crap. Imagine the crappiest you have ever felt, and then feeling like that every day while still trying to be a mom, a wife, an employee, a human being. It's pretty dang hard. But I do sometimes have good days - the good days just tease me though because then I go back to the crappiness. And yes, being pregnant with twins is double the crap. Even with taking 2 kinds of medication. I haven't been the funnest most exciting person to hang out with - just ask Jeff or Porter :) I used to run or bike 6 days a week, but I haven't worked out at all in at least 6 weeks and I totally feel it and it shows. I tried just walking on the treadmill once a few weeks ago for 15 minutes, and after 12 minutes I had to stop because I was exhausted and swerving on the treadmill. I can't wait until I can be active again. With Porter I was sick until 18 weeks - I am 13 weeks right now...maybe only 5 weeks to go. Okay, enough of the depressing talk.

We went to the doc last week and got to see the babies again and they actually look like babies now. Seeing them is getting me pretty excited. The ultrasound tech around this stage of the pregnancy can make a pretty good guess at what sex the babies are - he's always been right when he's said boy, but he has been wrong a few times when he has said girl. Well, he said right now it looks like to him that they are both girls, but time will tell. I will have another ultrasound in like 6 weeks and we should definitely know by then. I'm not the kind of person that likes to wait to be surprised - I'm dying to know what they are!

Okay, so lots has gone on since I last posted. Here are some pics of the fun:


Almost a month ago we went to the tulip festival. I've never been before so since this is our last spring in Oregon we figured we had better check it out. We went with Jenn and Aphia, and Rosie and Owen.



This was Porter's absolute fav part of the day. Couldn't tear him away from it.


Too cute!


Tulips are my favorite flower - they are what I had at my wedding.


This is mostly what I have been doing lately - laying down and being useless. Fun, eh?


On Memorial Day we went and hung out by the Sandy River. The water was pretty dang cold so we didn't spend much time in it.



Showing off their sandcastles.


Action shot! Porter absolutely LOVES going to the park. We try to take him every day. It's amazing how much energy toddlers have.



Porter could just sit on this thing and go around and round all day long if we let him. Jeff spins him way faster then I would and he LOVES it.


We have this little pool in our backyard and it's been pretty dang hot lately (freakin finally) and Porter loves playing in pools but this is the closest thing we've got so we've been hanging out in it a lot lately.


Last night we had a BBQ at our friend's house (thanks Bob & Jenny) and they have this motorcycle so Porter was just practicing for when he gets his license - makes daddy proud.

4 comments:

Dani said...

Finally!!! I have been worried about you! So sorry you have been feeling so icky. Life is hard enough with work, wife, mom and the tiredness of pregnancy, let alone being super sick on top of that. I hope it passes soon. I can't wait to find out what you're having!! Maybe two girls?! Exciting prospect!

Linds said...

Glad to see that you are alive. I was getting worried. I really hope that you start feeling better soon. And I really hope that you have two little girls. How fun would that be? I mean any other combination would be fun too. But I think two girls would be super fun.

Gordita said...

Thanks for the update! And the photos. I hope you really only have five more weeks (or less) of feeling sick.

Cindy Thomas Munksgard said...

The people who I've talked with who have had twins have told me they were sick for the whole pregnancy...I hope it's not like that for you. Good luck! Hang in there! Just take one day at a time!