Friday, July 31, 2009

Summer fun

I'm just catching up on some recent pics.

Since this is our last summer in Portland I figured we should finally go berry picking, so a few weeks back we did just that. Porter and I definitely dug it, but it was pretty hot so we cut it short. Hopefully I can go again soon while the berries are still good. I LOVE summer and all the glorious fruit that is readily available...yum!


Porter just chillin on our new couch (we sold our leather couches because they were too big for our new place). He looks like such a big boy here - where did my baby go?!


So Porter likes to line up his cars, or magnets, or anything. Jeff likes to call him OCD because of this...I just think it's cute. If I mess up his line he will even sometimes get mad - gotta love it.


It's been pretty dang hot lately (thank goodness the place we moved to has a pool, so I'm even finally getting somewhat of a tan) so the other day after dinner we decided to stop by the Sandy River just for kicks. Everyone else had the same idea - it was pretty dang crowded and the people there were more on the ghetto side...smoking in our face, drinking, throwing trash all over, etc., so we didn't stay too long. But Oregon just has a lot of good outdoor stuff to offer - we'll definitely miss that when we move at the end of the year.


5 comments:

Lacey said...

AJ lines everything up as well. I think it must be a boy thing, he will spend HOURS lining up his cars and then slowly moving the line to a new spot. Porter looks like a little man all sprawled out on the couch like that, isn't it sad how fast they grow up? Anyways we are so happy you guys are at Sandstone now! Can't wait for our next play date!

Alyssa Phair said...

I keep thinking we should go to the river too since its been so hot. Luckily we still have another month to get out there! Berry picking is TONS of fun. I'm going to pick peaches and more berries in the next week or two. I'll call you to see if you want to go!
-Alyssa
ps- and Porter IS huge!! They grow too fast :(

Linds said...

Way cute pictures!!I miss Oregon summers like crazy!!! So many great things to do outside. We have to just stay inside here in the summer.

Bonnie's Pain Buzz said...

I love this picture guys!!!!! Love, Ma

Bonnie's Pain Buzz said...

I love this picture guys. Love, Ma