Saturday, July 24, 2010

Summer fun

4th of July pics of the girls:



Full view of their outfits. Thanks for sending this to us Michelle (one of my fabulous sisters)! Scarlet just wasn't having it by this point, but at least you can see what they were wearing.



Jeff had the awesome idea to not just add water to Porter's little slide but to also put a trampoline at the bottom. Totally wished I was a kid at that moment...or at least that I could fit on that slide.


The girls just chillin while Porter was playing on his water slide.



A summertime nap - my favorite.



Cute girls - almost sitting up on their own.



There are seriously a ton of good parks around here.



Banana pieces anyone? Oh you don't want any from off the tray? Well how about the more than half that ended up on the floor?



Alright, which one is which?



Tuckered out little girl. We party hard.



This is their boyfriend Jace from next door. He's two months older. Yup, they're into dating older men.



I love when they just stop what they are doing and lay their head down on the floor. Makes you just want to snuggle up with them.



Jeff went to Montana to do this long bike ride and while he was there they did some fly fishing. Those specks all over the pic are bugs. Glad I wasn't there.



More of beautiful Montana.



A shoulder ride/pillow.



Cute outfits that Auntie Gisella gave them. My good friend Gisella came to visit for a week. Strangely enough I didn't get any pictures of her while she was here. But we had a great time. Thanks for coming Gisella!!



While Gisella was here we went berry picking. Porter did much better this year than last year. But it was a little harder with the girls. Continuously squatting while wearing a baby was a good leg workout.



Here's our garden right now. Our spinach is doing great. I go out and get fresh spinach every day for our morning shakes. Our zucchini and yellow squash are coming along - I've been able to use some in one meal so far, but there are a ton that will be ready soon. Our onions are kind of small and we planted them too close together so they won't really grow to be too big. We've been able to have some strawberries but they aren't really producing anything anymore. Our wax peppers are doing ok and the basil is doing great. But our cucumbers, tomatoes, broccoli and regular peppers are doing pretty sad. But this was our first year so I've learned a little about how to do better next year. It definitely takes some time, but it's kind of fun going out there every day to weed and water.

6 comments:

Gene said...

You guys make some cute kids

Vicky said...

Wow ! Ambitious! That's a big garden.glad to see these happy little pics of the girls. So expresive and sweet. Porter is also looking very grown up . Just like Lenore.

Missy said...

Simone on the left Scarlet on the right?

Kevin Phair said...

I was thinking Scarlet on the left.

Alyssa Phair said...

Based solely on their legs, Scarlet is on the right. She's got the skinny legs at least from what I've seen in pics. And good job on the garden! Sounds like all the vegetables that are doing well for you are the ones barely growing for me! Definitely a learning experience (like don't depend on Oregon weather!). :)
-Alyssa

ProudPapa said...

Simone left, Scarlet Right. Is that a majority concensus?