Monday, July 12, 2010

Boys night

Jeff and Porter had so much fun on the father/son campout in May that they decided a few weeks ago to have a little campout in our backyard and make it a fun boys night. They started it off by getting some ice cream and watching Planet 51, which they were so kind to include me in on :) We started the movie after I put the girls to bed. Porter normally goes to bed the same time as the girls so this was an awesome treat to be able to stay up and watch a movie. Even though it was way past his bedtime Porter stayed up and watched the whole thing. Jeff and I on the other hand totally fell asleep. Go figure. Then it was time for bed.


It turned out to be the coldest night of the week so they had to bundle up. I was definitely glad to be sleeping in my nice warm bed. It's nice as Porter gets older because now he can go camping with Jeff and I don't have to, even if it's in the backyard :) Hey, it's just harder doing it when you have babies.

The next morning we had some scrumptious pancakes and then watched the last half of Planet 51 again since Jeff and I missed it. Porter loved the movie so he had no problems with us watching it again. All in all they had fun and will be doing that a few more times while it's still summer.

1 comment:

Vicky said...

i recognize that blanket.