Monday, June 21, 2010

The kiddos today

This is Porter's newest favorite toy. He calls it his "getting thing". He goes around and shoots everything with it.



The full view. It's amazing how entertained kids can be by the simplest thing. Love that imagination!

We just got a second highchair thingy that straps onto a regular chair so that I can have both girls in a highchair when I feed them instead of using the bumbos, so I was talking to Porter about how the girls will be using his highchair thing and how he won't be using it anymore because he's a big boy. He says "Mom, we need to talk about this." Poor kid, he must feel like the girls are just taking over his world. Because of that I have been really trying, maybe not so successfully, to pay more attention to Porter and have more one on one play time. But boy is it hard to find that time.



Our neighbor is letting us borrow the jumper thing on the right since their son has grown out of it so now we have two standing/jumping things for the girls to play in. They love it! These suckers definitely come in handy when I need to get stuff done but just can't hold the girls and need them somewhere contained. They were getting too old for their bouncy chair & swing so I put those away. Right now as I look at the girls playing in them when I call to them they both look at me and totally smile. I love it!

If I'm holding just one of the girls the other one gets upset. But it's hard to hold both all the time, hence the jumper things. And when I go out to run errands with all the kids I'm getting tired of lugging around their carseats. I do have two front carriers, which is great for when both Jeff and I are going somewhere with the kids, but I need one I can use on my back too. I totally want an ERGObaby carrier which can go on the back so I can wear one on the front and one on the back, but alas it costs a lot of moolah. So that is the next thing I need to get for the girls. I'm on a mission to find a good (meaning not ugly) & cheap one.

We just weighed the girls and now Simone has passed Scarlet up again. It just keeps going back and forth. But they are eating tons. You wouldn't know it by looking at them. They are just tiny little things. Simone is over 14 lbs and Scarlet is almost 14 lbs. Oh, and today Simone has already pooped 4 times. 4 times!! Oh wait, Scarlet just pooped so that would make three times for her today so far too. And they also pee like there's no tomorrow. With how much these girls eat and how often I need to change diapers it's like they think money grows on trees! :) I contemplated using cloth diapers for like a second then I realized that for me with twins I just don't want to deal with it. Looks like I will be trying to potty train as soon as possible.

1 comment:

The Hill Family said...

So freakin adorable! I am so happy things are going well with you guys. So fun going through all these milestones again and doubly fun for you!