Monday, June 7, 2010

All about the Ports

Since the girls have joined our family a lot of our attention has been on them and poor Porter has been put on the back burner. So last Saturday was basically a day devoted to him. It was busy busy busy, yet tons of fun.


It started off with a Fun Run in Coeur d'Alene for kids ages 3-12. Porter's age group ran 1/4 mile. He has never run that far so we weren't sure how it would go. But he was excited. For his age an adult was able to run with them. So I ran alongside him as his cheering squad. He was so cute! I'll try to post video later.



How did he do you may ask? Well, let's just say that he finished. He was so happy and proud, and so were we :)



They were promoting this as a fight against childhood obesity, yet the sponsors decided to include candy in their goodie bags, hmmmm.



Porter's war wound - he did fall at one point during the run, but he got right back up and finished. Porter loved doing this run. He keeps saying he wants to run some more. Keep up that enthusiasm!



Then we went to Post Falls Days. Jeff also had a booth at this event promoting upper cervical. Across the way from Jeff's booth was a face painter, so of course we had to get Porter's face painted. Here's our little Spidey! And while we were waiting to get his face painted he got a balloon dragon fly...which didn't last long in one piece.



You've got a spider on your face.



After hanging out at the fair for awhile we then went to the fire station that was having an open house. They had a big jumpy thing shaped like a fire truck, you could get all dressed up and climb through the fire trucks and rescue boat, the kids could hold the fire hose and spray water, and there was food and crafts. It was a little boys dream come true.



My little fireman!!


After that we went with some friends to a park. Then it was time to finally head home. We all had a long fun day. With summer kind of finally here I'm hoping to get out more and focus a lot on Porter. Since the summers are a little short and long awaited in Post Falls there's tons to do so we will be taking full advantage of all the fun. Bring on summer!!

5 comments:

Gordita said...

Porter is as cute as ever. I LOVE that he ran and was so proud of himself. Way to go.

Matthias and Jenn said...

O Porter, how I miss his cute little face. He is going to be such a hansom boy when he is older. I often wonder how it will be when I have more kids so it's a good thing I read your posts to get ideas! See you in a couple of weeks!

Jessie said...

that is SO cool! I bet he loved it :)

Clinton and Danielle said...

I LOVED the pictures! How cute! I'm glad he had a special day!

Nicole W. said...

LOVED that!! megan has been doing her own little training so she can do a half mile race at my next race, i can't wait to cheer her on!!! way to go PORTER!!! so proud of you!! the mommy in me started crying watching his little video!!