Wednesday, June 16, 2010

This and that

The weather seriously needs to make up it's mind. Yesterday it was warm and sunny and the girls were wearing this:


Today it's cold and rainy and the girls are wearing this:


And you can't leave this handsome, messy haired guy out:
Porter's favorite toy lately has been this horse. It came with this big truck and trailer dealio that my parents got him, but during the move we somehow lost the truck. Porter keeps asking about it but I keep telling him that we have no idea where it is hiding. He doesn't like that answer.


We are blessed to be living in a 1700 square foot house with 3 bedrooms, a bonus room and 2 1/2 baths for a pretty good price. The only problem is that I've been struggling lately with keeping this dang house clean. I guess I'm still adjusting to having a bigger place, but with this size house and three kids (don't forget about the husband too, ha ha) it's just hard to keep the sucker clean. It makes me almost miss our tiny 2 bedroom 1 bath apartment. I said almost.

Another good thing about this house: Big yard = awesome. But no built in sprinkler system meaning that I need to keep moving a hose sprinkler around, plus me hand watering certain areas = not awesome. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm tired of the rain and love my sunny days, but I've got to admit that on days like today when it's raining I'm secretly happy because it means I don't have to spend all morning watering the lawn. Note to self: when we buy a house we will be installing a sprinkler system!

Porter just said a funny thing. I was bending over doing something, I'm wearing a shirt that swoops down a little, and Porter says "It's dark down there," as he looks down my shirt. If only you really knew, he he. Funny kid. Apparently we're starting him young on looking down girl's shirts. Great. He's just like his dad :)

4 comments:

Clinton and Danielle said...

Ha ha! Oh, Porter! One time when I was babysitting some neighbor kids, we were jumping on our trampoline. I guess I was wearing a shirt that swooped a little in the front as well, and I did a flip or something that made it so they could see down my shirt. They (2 girls and one boy) all started giggling. I asked what was so funny and the boy said, "We saw your jellies." Needless to say I was mortified, a little grossed-out at the term "jellies", and called it a day on the trampoline.
Thanks for posting!

J said...

Oh no you don't miss this apartment. I was just telling J, I am so sick of living below these loud people. They really need to fix the floors on the apartment above us.

Tahsha

Jessie said...

I must say that your camera takes really really nice and clear pics!! wow
oh and youll get used the bigger place :)

Jessie said...

Love the matching outfits on the girls! So cute. If I had twins, I would Love doing that :)