Friday, June 11, 2010

Recent randomness

Let's start off with Memorial Day. It was raining, again (I thought we had left the Portland rain but I feel like it has rained here a lot. It's weird, one day it will be cold and rainy, then the next it will be nice and sunny, then it will go back to rainy. Very temperamental. But I digress.) so to do something fun and cheap to enjoy the day together as a family we just got in the car and drove. We like to go on little adventures to check places out. We ended up in some small town in Montana, stopped to have food, then drove back home. Simple, yet fun. As a side note, it was so small townish that when we stopped to go pee and to ask where the heck we were (no reception for our phone GPS) we were a little scared, in a funny way, of how hickish the people were and how desolate the place was. It was straight out of a scary movie. Ha ha, we've got to stop watching stupid movies.


When we stopped so that I could feed the girls Jeff and Porter went on a little walk, saw a bunch of ducks, threw things in the water, and Porter found a stick that he still plays with in the backyard to this day.



There were a ton of deer on the drive. With the crazy rain here and there and sometimes curvy roads we really had to pay attention to make sure we didn't hit one. Yes, there were that many.



Beautiful shot. Jeff has been looking for years for the perfect barn setting with an open field with mountains in the distance, and lo and behold he found it.



The drive was really pretty.



I can never get enough pics of these girls. (Shout out to my mom who made these hats!)



See, I told you.



Typical Scarlet expression.



Typical Simone expression, he he.



We were watching our friend's kids the other day and this is their youngest. Absolutely gorgeous, isn't she?



Earlier this week I started to get the signs of mastitis. I had mastitis 5 times with Porter, taking antibiotics each time, and by the 5th time I had a reaction to the antibiotics which caused my face to swell and hives all over my body. Not fun. So this time I was determined to not get mastitis while nursing the girls. I did my research before they were born and was armed with a bunch of info. I put everything into action but by the time the girls were 3 weeks old the signs started coming. So we were able to use this certain ultrasound machine a friend had and prevented it from coming. We don't have that here in Idaho, but things were going well. Then a few days ago it started coming again. I was able to stop it again, naturally (first and foremost by making sure my atlas was in alignment through upper cervical so that my body can properly heal itself, and when Jeff checked me sure enough I was out so he adjusted it), without the use of antibiotics, yay! It did still wipe me out a little bit but it was NOTHING like before. It has just proved to me again that there are so many other natural alternatives out there to help recover from certain ailments instead of using antibiotics or any kind of medication. It just takes a little research and knowledge. All too often doctors prescribe antibiotics and it is putting a toll on people. Anyway, that was just a recent revelation I had.

Jeff is the 11 year old scout master in our ward and they are on a camp out right now, so it's just me and the kids. It's always a nice relief/change of pace when Jeff comes home from work at night. So when he doesn't it does make a difference. I've got to hand it to all single moms out there who do this whole parenting thing on their own, it's tough. Especially any single moms of twins! As a side note, since my body was still recovering today and Jeff wasn't home anyway I haven't taken a shower yet today. Oh, don't judge me, you know you've done it too!

I don't think I've mentioned this before but Scarlet is, and has always been, very stiff. It's hard to cuddle with her sometimes. I'm going to try to delay weaning her for as long as possible because when I do she probably won't really cuddle anymore, especially since she'll totally be mobile by then. That's how Porter was. It wasn't until after the main toddler stage and wanting to see/touch everything that he started to want to cuddle again. Simone cuddles more, but she still does like to see what's going on. Sometimes moms just want to cuddle, dang it.

There was so much more I wanted to write but I can't remember right now. When I think of things I'm never anywhere where I can write it down. I keep thinking that I'll just remember it. Ha, like that ever happens!! I'm actually just avoiding cleaning the kitchen right now. It's getting late, but I hate going to bed with a dirty kitchen so I'll still just stay up and clean it. Alright, guess I'll get off my butt and do it. Dude, I need a maid.

2 comments:

Cindy Thomas Munksgard said...

Those pictures are amazing!!! Idaho is so pretty.

Sorry that Scarlet doesn't like to cuddle. I'm sure that'll change.

Sounds like you guys are having a great life and enjoying every minute you have.

And I totally agree about the natural medicine. I haven't been too impressed with the world medicine lately.

Hayley Hatch said...

Hey!
I loved hearing (and seeing) that you are going to dress the girls alike. In my opinion, this would be the funnest part of having twin girls!
I am glad you did not get full-blown mastistis. Been there, done that. Not fun. Not fun at all.
And it was funny to hear that Scarlet is not a cuddler. Gabe is not either and I hadn't noticed it - until my Mom pointed it out - because I cuddle him every couple of hours when he nurses. But now that I think about it... that's the only time he lets me snuggle him. Otherwise he is too "busy" - grabbing for things, listening to what's around him...ya know :)