On the subject of Porter, he is a good kid and such a sweet boy, but he is at that phase where he just constantly talks back and tries to challenge authority. I know it's just the age, but oh my goodness he tries my patience. And any time we lovingly discipline him he just says either "Well then I will never..." or "I don't ever want..." blah blah blah, like we are totally depriving him of something. He totally tries to guilt trip us in to giving in, which we absolutely never want to do because then that just opens up another can of worms. But I remember doing that as a kid too. Why do we do those things? It's so annoying. And I know he needs to get outside and see new things and get his energy out every day, but the girls need their naps and if they don't get it then they just whine all day and I know they need to sleep. It's a double edged sword. When the girls are down to one nap then things will be a little easier. And I try to do fun activities, crafts, reading time, etc. with him every day, but I know he needs to get out more, which is definitely hard in the winter anyway.
I need a break. That's what I want for Christmas. An entire day to do whatever the heck I want without any interruption. Ha, like that will ever happen! My days consist of making a meal, cleaning a meal, housework, changing diapers, wiping noses, breaking up fights, repeat, you get the picture. It's never ending!! It's like when I was in school and I always had homework hanging over my head - there's always something I need to be doing around the house or for someone. The stuff I want to do for myself just falls to the bottom of the list. And with the challenges we are having with an almost 4 year old and 2 one year olds really make me rethink if I want to have more kids or not. I had always wanted 4 kids because it was a nice even number, but 3 is hard enough. I'm not a fan of being pregnant anyway, and I like my sleep so going through the newborn stage again doesn't sound appealing right now. And doing all that while I have 3 other kids to tend to doesn't sound like my cup of tea, at least not any time soon. So we'll see.
Man, am I whining or what? Hey, I had to get it out. I'm not a very patient person so apparently I need to learn it, and quick. Plus I should look at all the pluses of life, like all the hugs and snuggles I get whenever I want them, all the giggles, play time, the fact that I basically work for myself and my family and not some jerk boss somewhere. Everything I do is for the betterment and eternal prosperity/perspective of my family. I love that. I need to focus on that. But I also need some me time. I just need to make that more of a priority too, because if mama's not happy, nobody is happy.



4 comments:
Boy can I relate! Granted, I don't have twins but working from home makes me feel like I have 3 (Amelia, Peryn, and work). The screaming, fighting, toy stealing, back talking, complete irrational behavior happens EVERY day in our home. Just know you're not alone. I 100% believe you deserve a break. Hopefully your Christmas wish will come true! Merry Christmas :) If I was close I would offer to take them for a day. Sometimes it is very refreshing to see I'm not the only one getting frustrated and losing every ounce of patience by dinnertime. Thanks for venting! It made me feel better. Good to know I'm not alone.
You do not know me but that is ok. I am Marsha Thatchers ex daughter in law. I started reading your blog off of Joys blog and enjoy it. Things work in mysterious ways. I know this is strange but if you would send me your mailing address I would like to send you a gift. The lord works in mysterious ways.My youngest is going to turn 20 in December and my granddaughter is 2 this Christmas. I like to give to others because I can and I was in your position a very long time ago. Let me send something... again, It is important for us to be able to give just as important as it is for people to recieve. I know this is out of the blue but it is your choice to accept .. I can only offer. My email is brenda@saialaska.com
I also have a blog www.n51387.blogspot.com
I had a Christmas wish about 12 years ago. I worked full time and had just bought a coffee shop and had two young girls. It was Christmas and my house was a disastor. I spent all my time at work or the restaraunt and Christmas was upon us. I had my home teacher over and he saw what a mess everything was and the panic I was in. On the 23rd the Youth in the ward came over and washed all my dishes, clothes, cleaned my house and it was the most incredible gifts I have ever been given. To walk into a clean house just before Christmas. Incredible. I will never forget that and again sometimes those of us that have been there and have resources want to help others.
Brenda
I love you! I wish I could say the back-talking and fighting ends when they get older...sorry, it hasn't so far;) You need to schedule time for you (note to self). Motherhood is hard because it is a job that you can never really "clock-out" from where our husbands get to "clock-out" at the end of the work day. If you have trouble getting a break go by BOLI standards! For every 6 hours of work you get a 1/2 hour break (by my calculations that should be 2 hours of "me" time a day--could you even imagine if that were possible!) Big hugs from all the way out here and a very merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!
I had to smile at some of the things you wrote only because they are near and dear to my own heart :) Especially the taking 2 naps thing. Gabe is going through a stage where he really needs a morning nap, but refuses to take one and instead chooses to be grumpy. And Logan needs to get out of the house in the morning - or he gets cabin fever - so I usually end up running errands with a cranky baby and rowdy preschooler. But at the end of the day when I check on them and they are both sound asleep, I am reminded that it is all worth it.
Hang in there - they won't be little forever. Which on somedays is a relief :)
Post a Comment