Wednesday, May 25, 2011

18 months already

My sweet girls are 18 months old. Crazy. They aren't babies anymore, but of course I still call them my babies :) They are full on walking, kind of talking/communicating, opinionated (stubborn, ha ha) little people.


Sweet Simone. Here are her current stats:
Height - 31.5 in (25-50%)
Weight - 22.4 lbs (10-25%)
Head - 18 in (25%)

She is such a curious and hard headed little girl. If she wants something she wants it now, and she has been like that since she was a baby. She'll throw what seems like a never ending fit if things don't go her way. She is always trying to figure things out. She can almost repeat, or attempt to repeat, anything someone says to her. And she tries to sing - it's way cute. With the ABC song she can actually sing A and B, then it becomes jumbled, and she'll come back in at T, then finish off with Y, all the while kind of humming along with you in between. She loves to play outside. If I say we're playing outside she'll get all excited and keep saying "side" while standing by the back door until I open it. Then she's mostly interested in going in and out and sliding the screen door and glass door open and closed. She still loves to help unload the dishwasher and help with the laundry. She LOVES bananas and calls them "nanas" and will keep saying it over and over until I give her some. She still signs 'more' and 'please' even though she can say them.




Cute Scarlet. Here are her stats:
Height - 31.75 in (50%)
Weight - 21 lbs (5-10%)
Head - 18 in (25%)

Scarlet is such a feisty one. And she's quick. If I'm not careful and I'm by her holding something she will quickly knock that thing out of my hand before I know it. She's loves to rough house. But she also loves a good cuddle. She loves to have her "lovies" with her (her teddy bear, bear blanket thing, and singing/talking dog.) She's not as interested in talking as much, but she does say a few things like dada, mama, more, please. She also loves to play outside. We have this simple jungle gym thing in the backyard and she loves to climb it and go down the slide. She also loves running at full speed down the driveway and into the street...that little stinker. She gets SUPER excited when I say it's time to empty the dishwasher. It's funny, with some things she's more chill then Simone and with other things she's more high maintenance. Like when we are at the store she just wants to run around so she fusses since I won't take her out of the cart. And Scarlet, with her feisty attitude, is such a messy eater. That's definitely a challenge. She signs 'more' and 'please' still too.

It's fun to see how different the girls are. They look totally different and their personalities are completely different. Their sleeping needs are different at different times, they don't always like the same foods, and different things will set them off. The challenges of having twins definitely changes with each new phase. For instance, if one girl is let down in public to walk around than the other one wants to be. Or if one is picked up than the other wants to be. They definitely fight over toys. They seriously can be enemies one minute and then best friends hysterically laughing about something the next. If I'm sitting on the floor I can't have just one girl in my lap, they both fight over my lap and try to push the other one off even if I have one girl on each of my legs. It's like they each want just that special one on one time with me. And I would love to have that one on one time too. A few weeks ago Jeff went to run some errands and he ended up just taking Porter and Scarlet and I had Simone stay home with me. It was weird having just one baby (I mean toddler) but I loved that special time I got to spend just focusing on Simone. It's hard to set aside that one on one time but I see how much they each need it, even Porter.

1 comment:

Mia said...

I cannot wait to get my hands on those girls in just a couple months. I can't believe how little they are. Landen is a little peanut too, however he's 22 lbs. Go figure.