Saturday, May 21, 2011

Getting out into nature

We went on a hike this morning and this was the first hike we have gone on as a family since the girls were born. For the first part I wore one of the girls and Jeff wore the other while Porter walked along with us using his walking stick that he had just found. I swear, what is it with kids and sticks, or even rocks? I thought it was just a Porter thing, but the girls are totally into them as well. When the girls were getting a little cranky on the hike today because we weren't letting them walk we just gave them each a rock to hold and they were good to go. At the end we did let them walk to get their wiggles out. Seriously, these girls love to walk. Unfortunately when it's just me with all 3 kids and we are out and about I can't have the girls walking very often because it's too dang hard to keep running after 2 girls who are running in two different directions all by myself, so the stroller is my friend. But that's where a rock, if I don't have a toy they are interested in, comes in handy.

Today was fun, the weather was decent (it started to rain a little after we got home), and it felt good to get out and be active. After the half marathon last Saturday I took the week off of running so I haven't exercised all week. It felt weird. So it was nice to get out today. But now I can't wait to get out there and get running again.

I think this is the first picture where all 3 kids are smiling at once. This is a momentous occasion. It will probably be a very long time before it happens again. I especially love Scarlet's smile. Proof that the kids were having fun.


The whole fam damily. Notice the stick?



No comments: