Porter had his one year check up at the doctor yesterday. He weighs 20 lbs 12 ounces (25th percentile) and is 30 inches long (55th percentile). He was to have some shots yesterday but I don't believe that all vaccinations are necessary. He has only had 3 vaccinations so far, so we already declined a bunch of his shots. But since we declined all shots yesterday we had to actually sign a waiver this time. With all of my research about vaccinations I just don't feel comfortable with Porter receiving many of them. The only one he hasn't received that I may have him get one day far in the future is MMR. But we'll cross that bridge when it comes. As for now I don't feel that he is at a high risk for many of them and the others I just don't feel are safe or I think that they are truly unnecessary.
Jeff and I went out on a date last night for the first time in a long time. We went early enough so that we could still come home and put Porter to bed. We went to this vegetarian/vegan restaurant which wasn't too bad. The food was delish, service wasn't the best, and it didn't follow our low glycemic diet. But it was our one night a week to eat whatever we want and it was nice to not have to cook it myself or have to clean up after. I did miss Porter though, but it is good for Jeff and I to be able to have us time out and about, not just at home during Porter's nap.
Seven Minutes
2 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment