Jeff had yesterday off of school since it was Presidents' Day so we decided to go on a hike. I was able to just rearrange my work schedule (once again, another reason that my job is awesome) so that we could go in the morning. We hiked up Beacon Rock in Washington. The Wagners and Goughs came as well. It was a nice sunny day, beautiful scenery and great company, but I'm sorry, the wind has got to go. Now it was sunny, which was a nice relief from the seemingly endless rain, but I have to say that I am not a big fan of the wind. It was windy enough by our house, but in the gorge where we were hiking it was 10 times worse. This winter has basically been the deciding factor for if we are going to stay in this area after Jeff is done with school.
Anyway, the hike was pretty fun and quite refreshing. It was good to get out with Porter into nature to share the beauty of Oregon with him (since it's always raining, windy or just plain cold we haven't gone outside much this winter), and to enjoy it with friends as well. Below are some pictures from the hike.

Steve, Nicole, Megan and Erika Wagner

Ken, Alicia and Brianna Gough

Porter is in this picture, I swear - he hates having the wind in his face so he is all bundled up and covered. That Sherpani backpack thing is awesome.

Here's a close up - he actually seemed to like it back there.

Great view of the Columbia River
3 comments:
Sounds like you had a blast... I hate the wind too! I am so glad that you have entered the world of blogging, now we can stay up to date with each other better :) We have to plan something for you all to come out here, we are probably going to the temple March 29, but I am not sure, I will keep you posted!
Its been so beautiful out! Makes me happy! The hike pics are awesome :)
so are you staying there or what?
Post a Comment