Due to the wonderful invention of DVR we don't really see many commercials anymore. Because of that fact companies need to try harder to make an impression on consumers. Enter the new McDonald's commercial with the song "Love" by Matt White - quite a catchy commercial. I hear that song play and I find myself humming it all day long. In the commercial it starts with these two people in different frames who look like they are looking at each other eagerly and getting ready to move in for the big smooch, but they each end up taking a big ol bite out of the McRib at McDonald's which is apparently back, for the time being. McDonald's keeps bringing this burger back then taking it away again. The commercial is all about people's love for this burger. Our favorite part of this commercial is when this old guy is doing a little dance while eating his burger. It is such a simple commercial, yet effective. We never go to McDonald's - in fact I find McDonald's kind of gross. As a kid I of course loved it and always wanted to go. My favorite thing to get was either a cheeseburger or chicken McNuggets with sweet and sour sauce. But as I got older and became more aware of what fast food does to your body (yes, I did see "Super Size Me" and that was only a small part of my fast food education) I decided to stay away from fast food as much as possible. But this commercial really peaked our interest so today Jeff said he wanted to go try this McRib thing and I agreed. So we went. It turns out that on Thursdays, which today was, you can get 2 quarter pounders for $3 - once again, we were sucked in. But after eating that crap we were sorely disappointed - the McRib tasted nothing like what the commercial gave me the impression it would taste like and I was in no way "in love" with the McRib as the song from the commercial suggests. Aren't commercials/advertisements always honest and completely truthful?? Sadly no. But the commercial did it's job. Jeff and I, people who never go to McDonald's, were pursuaded to go to that craphole by a commercial. What suckers.
Seven Minutes
2 days ago

3 comments:
That reminds me of the Simpsons episode with the Ribwich. Ha ha!
hahahahahahahahaha Suckers!
that is so funny because its true!
That same thing happens to us all the time but with pizza!
Post a Comment