Friday, October 3, 2008

Lots to tell

A lot has happened recently that I haven't posted about yet. Unfortunately right now Jeff is in California with the laptop that has all of our pictures on it so I can't include any pics. Thus I will keep this post short (kind of) just to give a quick overview, since not many people like to read a blog without pics.

A month ago Jeff's brother Gene and his wife Julie and their girls Avery and London came to visit. Of course we did all of the touristy fun stuff like drive through the gorge and go on mini hikes to look at waterfalls and go camping on the coast. Sadly for Jeff that was the only time we went camping as a family this summer - he LOVES to camp. I kind of enjoy camping, but with a toddler that makes it a little more difficult. What I would love is to get a little tent trailer that we could keep all of our camping stuff in making it much easier/quicker to pack things up and go. Plus the sleeping arrangements would be a bit more comfortable and things would be a bit cleaner - I've become a bit of a clean freak - Jeff makes fun of me about that a lot...I've gotten worse with age. I digress...the coast was actually pretty warm this time and was beautiful as always, and Gene and Julie surf so they got to do that as well.

I got my haircut a few weeks ago - nothing too spectacular but it's different and I like it. I got that A-line bob cut. It's so much more fun having short hair because you can get more interesting haircuts - I can't believe I had long hair for soooooo long. I've only had short hair for less than a year but I can't imagine having long hair again.

Porter and I went to the zoo with our friends Hayley and Logan. Now that Porter's getting older he has more fun when we are out and about and he understands what's going on.

We went to the beach again to stay at our friend's dad's beach house. It was a very nice and relaxing weekend. It helped to rejuvenate us all. We got a lot of great pics as well.

Jeff finished finals on the 18th - he passed everything with flying colors. Including his preceptor ship he only has 5 more quarters left. So by the end of next year Jeff will officially be Dr. Jeffrey Jensen, D.C. - I love the sound of that! I am counting down the days. The time will not come soon enough.

Jeff is at an upper cervical conference in San Fran right now which started yesterday and goes through tomorrow. Since his older brother Chris and his family recently moved to Napa, CA we decided to make a family trip out of it. So last Friday as soon as my office closed we packed up the car and left for CA. We stopped for a day in Paradise, CA to visit some friends of ours from So Cal who moved to Paradise a few months ago (when I can post pics I will go into more details). Good times were had by all. Then we drove to Napa to see Chris, his wife Vicky and their daughter Lenore who is only 2 weeks older than Porter. Jeff's mom, Nana and his mom's friend Robert were already there visiting so we got to see them for a few days as well. Once again, good times, and Napa is pretty dang gorgeous. I flew home with Porter Wednesday morning (I had to work and since Wednesday was the 1st rent was due so this is my busiest week of the month) and Jeff is still there for the conference. He will drive home on Sunday with some other students who went to the conference. Then life will go back to normal.

On a sadder note, on Monday while I was in Napa my sister called and told me that my dad had fallen while hiking (he loves being outdoors and doing active things) and was in the hospital. In typical dad fashion he got up after falling, resting for a moment, then hiked back to the car and drove home. When other hikers asked how he was doing he said fine...oh dad. Once he got home my mom drove him to the hospital. He had broken three ribs and punctured a lung. They were just going to keep him a few days, then his lung (not the one that was punctured) was filling with fluid and he wasn't getting better so they ended up putting him in the ICU for a few days. They said he wasn't in a life threatening situation or anything, they just wanted to keep a closer eye on him. No matter what they say ICU is still pretty scary to me. He ended up also having blood clots in both lungs and in one of his legs. He just got out of the ICU today and will still be in the hospital until probably Monday. It's a little funny, whenever anything happens to my dad we all worry about my mom almost as much as my dad because she doesn't handle these kinds of things too well. But both or doing good. This is just another thing that makes me wish I lived by family.

Other than that I have just been working, which is going pretty good - I am full except for someone is moving out later this month but I should be able to fill that apartment pretty quick. Porter keeps learning new words and being able to better communicate what he is thinking. I love watching him figure things out. I love that little guy so dang much!

That's it for now. Okay, so maybe I didn't do that great of a job keeping this short, but too bad! Next week I will post all of the pics, but be prepared, there are a lot!

6 comments:

Alyssa Phair said...

So this was only a short portion of your post but you said your complex was full. I'm jealous! I have THREE people moving out all the last week of October!! Send anyone my way :) All three of those units have Pergo in the downstairs and they go for $725.
Don't forget to call if you need me to sub! Who watched your property while you were in California? Sounds like you had fun anyway. And sad about your dad!! I didn't know you could injure yourself that bad while hiking!!
-Alyssa

Jessie said...

ouch! I hope your dad gets better! Thats seminar that Jeff went too sounds like it was good.
And doesn't it ever feel good being full...ahhhh..relief! lol

Linds said...

Sounds like you had a good trip. I love taking trips. And that's too bad about your dad. I hope he's ok. Keep us posted.

Gordita said...

What a trooper your dad is! With broken ribs and a punctured lung he still hicked back!

Thanks for the update.

Nicole W. said...

Amy, i'm so sorry about your dad..but SO glad he is going to be okay!
and I want to see PICTURES of the new do! I can't wait another week since there's no church tomorrow!!
picture pictures pictures!!!
:)

The Hill Family said...

Geez girl, you have been busy! So sad about your dad. He is in our prayers. Hope he is doing better. ICU is scary; I still remember vividly when my brother was there in a coma. I still can't really be in a hospital without breaking down. Can't wait to see your pictures soon!