Friday, October 3, 2008

Of course

Since we drove to CA last Friday and I needed to come home earlier than Jeff I flew home with Porter and left the Vibe with Jeff. Thus I am left with our '91 Mercury Capri. Since there's no passenger side airbag I am able to put Porter's car seat in the passenger seat since it in no way would fit in the back. So on Wednesday night I had to go pick Happy up from Jenn's house (thanks for watching her for us!). Driving home from her house the dashboard lights all of a sudden went out. Since I'm not used to this car I had no idea where all of the buttons were so I just felt around and tried fiddling with things while I was driving to see if I could get them back on, to no avail. My headlights were still on so that's all that mattered, or so I thought. Well, while I was at a light that was near my house someone all of a sudden knocks on my window...scared the crap out of me. Since I can't roll down the window because it doesn't work (you've got to love older cars) I opened the door just a crack. It was the guy behind me and he said my tail lights were out, but my break lights work. I had driven for a good amount of time like that. Of course this happens while Jeff is out of town with the good car. Until he gets home I will just not drive anywhere at night, which is a tad sucky since it is getting dark earlier.

2 comments:

Linds said...

That stinks! I didn't even know you had another car. Goes to show how much I pay attention.

The Hill Family said...

Sorry, Amy. Glad you guys are okay; that really would've been awful to have something happen. Let me know if you need a ride, we're right around the corner.