Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The toosh decides

Ever since I heard about those square Corelle dishes that are chip resistant I have wanted them. For our wedding we received a dinnerware set for eight, and now, 5 1/2 years later we only have 6 of the bowls left (1 of them has a chip) 5 of the small plates left and 4 of the big plates left (one of those has a chip in it, too). So, apparently I am a little rough when doing the dishes (that's also why we don't have glass cups). Thus, I have wanted the chip resistant kind in hopes that they would all last for more than a few years. Plus I like the square shape.

Over these past few years we couldn't justify spending $140 for a set of 8 Corelle dinnerware. So months ago I told Jeff that for Christmas all I want is my square Corelle dinnerware for 8, absolutely nothing else (that was in hopes of emphasizing how much I wanted these.) On Tuesdays we receive a bunch of coupons and advertisements in the mail and Jeff loves looking through those so I always save them for him. To our wonderful surprise there was a sale going on right now at Bi-Mart where you can get a 4 set of the square Corelle dinnerware for $40, so my 8 set would only cost $80! After dinner last night we went right to Bi-Mart to pick them up. Thank goodness Jeff reads through all of those coupons and crap.

We get there and they had 4 designs to choose from. Over these years of looking around at every store and waiting for deals on these plates I have seen a lot of their designs but never could choose just one. So at Bi-Mart we decided to have Porter choose. We took the four plates from the display and put them on the ground (they are chip resistant so no need to worry about putting them on the ground!) I brought Porter back a few feet from the plates so that he would have equal opportunity to go to any one of the plates. I put him down and let him go. He walked right up to the plates, turned around, then proceeded to sit on his choice. Jeff and I couldn't stop laughing!! He just kept sitting on that plate absolutely enjoying life. If anything is low to the ground like that he loves to sit on it. If only I had my video camera out! So of course we bought the plates that Porter chose. But, since it's a Christmas present I am not allowed to open them until Christmas. Dang it! Oh well, at least I know I have them and can look forward to using them!

This is the design that Porter's toosh chose - in the past I had leaned toward wanting these ones but then as they added new designs I just couldn't choose. Thanks to Porter's toosh for making the tough decision!

3 comments:

MotherBeck said...

That is a hilarious story! Porters tooshie! It chose well.

Daya said...

So nice!! I love the pattern and it will go with any colors you choose.

Linds said...

Love it! And it pays to be a coupon clipper. I'm not, but I should be.