Recently Porter has been, let's just say, a little less than pleasant. He even woke up during the middle of his nap time the other day inconsolably crying, which he NEVER does, so I knew something was going on - thank goodness it only happened that one time. But he didn't have any signs of being sick. He seemed to be chewing a lot on things recently so I thought maybe it was his second year molars coming in - but he never really had a problem with teething in the past and there weren't any other signs. Then someone, I don't remember who, said maybe it was growing pains. That sounded pretty logical - why didn't I think of that? Well, when Porter turned 18 months I decided I wanted to start measuring him every month on the 15th, which is his birthday. We (I mean Jeff) painted a 2x4 so that we can measure all of our kids on it but still be able to take it with us wherever we move to. From August to September he grew 1/2 of an inch, then from September to October he grew 7/8 of an inch - holy crap, that's a lot! So that explains why my poor little guy has been having a bit of a hard time lately.


This is what the top of the 2x4 looks like.
4 comments:
Hey, that is the greatest idea, the 2x4. Do you mind if I copy? But poor little guy. Sorry he's hurting. Liza's been doing that too. She'll wake up at night just crying and complaining that her legs hurt. I wish there were more I could do for her.
What a cute idea!! I am going to have to make one!
I love the 2x4 idea. I love the lettering too. Versii had an even crazier night than normal, but I think he's about to get a molar on top.
Wow! I never even thought about that being a reason for fussiness???
interesting! I better start checking that out!
Post a Comment