Each day I am amazed at how much Porter is learning and taking in. Earlier today I took out the mustard and he pointed to it and said mustard. Now, I know that may seem insignificant, but we haven't had mustard in weeks and I have never heard him even say it before. Yet he knew what it was. Things like that just keep happening every day. And he completely understands what is going on around him. Our TV broke the other day (yup, the one that we have only had for about 1 1/2 years - it was under warranty so it is currently being fixed...but not soon enough) so we haven't been watching anything (except at night in our bedroom on the little TV when we're going to bed - boy have I been productive these past few days without watching TV, and I didn't think that I watched that much). After breakfast in the morning lately we had been watching Elmo's World (that's the only thing he will watch and it's only been recently), so he automatically asks for it when he's done eating. The first day after the TV broke I told him no Elmo because the TV was broken, then the next morning he said "No Elmo, TV broken". He remembers everything, and repeats everything - we better watch out what we say around him! And he even talks in sentences. Also, the screen saver on our computer is a file of all our favorite pictures that pop up, and he likes to look at them and say who is in them. Holy cow, my child is a genius! Now I know that every parent says that, but my child truly is :) He even already plays the piano...in a way.
Man I love this kid!! He is such a good boy who honestly cares and wants to do what is right. I am just so grateful and honored that the Lord has entrusted this sweet little spirit to us to raise. I just hope that he will entrust others to us as well :)

We decided to go on a walk the other day and it wasn't raining at the time, but of course on the walk it totally started to rain...not sprinkle, rain. But we kept going anyway (it's Portland, it rains, you just have to deal). When we got to the park we just hid under trees most of the time while Happy ran after the ball. But while we were walking around Porter wanted to push his stroller and his pants were heavy from the rain so they were sagging...so precious.
3 comments:
It seems like just the other day he was the little baby and now he is all grown! I am loving every minute of baby-time with Jonathan, but I am curious about what little personality is hiding in there. P.S. love the layout for your blog!
It truly is amazing what they understand. He is so precious!
Ok, its offical... Porter is a baby genious!! haha No seriously, that is really smart of him! I can't wait until Soph can say more than 1 word at a time, she'll still at that stage! She's just spending all her energy trying to be some baby athelete or something! She can now out run me, me and my big ol belly! lol
Post a Comment